Broken cable

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Broken cable

Postby nickrog1@sky.com » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi All
Last night I stupidly allowed my ipad to fall on the floor while practicing. I thought all was well until I noticed that the lightening connector end on the lightening to micro usb cable had broken off in the ipad. I managed to get it out but I now have an unusable lightening to micro usb cable for my irig HD 2. I know IK supply them but the cost is very high. Does anyone know where I can source on of these (generic is OK) in the UK? When I search on Amazon or Ebay, it's always a lightening to regular USB cable, not lightening to micro usb. Thanks in anticipation.
nickrog1@sky.com

Re: Broken cable

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Generic cables are not supported and may not work as expected. There also may be warranty implications. I would suggest using the official replacements.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nickrog1@sky.com » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks Peter. Why are they so horrifically expensive? It wouldn't be so bad if they were Rolls Royce quality but they look as if they cost 10p from China. I wouldn't mind paying say £10 but £35 feels like being shafted.
nickrog1@sky.com

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 pm

nickrog1 wrote:Thanks Peter. Why are they so horrifically expensive? It wouldn't be so bad if they were Rolls Royce quality but they look as if they cost 10p from China. I wouldn't mind paying say £10 but £35 feels like being shafted.

Our cables are not cheap cables and we must comply with Apple's MFi program as we are MFi certified on all appropriate and required devices/cabling.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories