transfer SampleTank iOS User Patches to another iPad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

transfer SampleTank iOS User Patches to another iPad

Postby pmullady » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 pm

I am creating custom multi patches on SampleTank. When I buy my new iPad I will need to transfer the patches to the new iPad running SampleTank.

Is there a way to export patches?

Thanks
pmullady

Re: transfer SampleTank iOS User Patches to another iPad

Postby pmullady » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:08 pm

So far I can't make this happen.
I expect to buy a new iPad soon and need to transfer my custom patches over the the new iPad.
How can I do this? Will simply restoring the iPad from an iOS backup bring up my settings/patches as well?

Could I please get an answer from support? Cmon guys.
pmullady

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:33 pm

I can't help you directly on this I'm afraid, as I do not own an iOS device.

However, you could post your question in the forum dedicated to apps on iOS or you could open a ticket with official IK support here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/

This is a user forum and not frequented by official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Sorry for the late response.

For any users looking into this. iTunes File-Sharing (Link below) will be the best way to back up and transfer presets/songs from SampleTank iOS from/to your devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby DWR-keys » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:18 pm

I am just facing this issue with transferring the user presets from my IPad Air original version to a new IPad Pro 3rd gen.
iTunes on my Dell Win10 tower allows me to save the files on the computer and to copy them back to the new iPad.
The problem is that they are assigned randomly to the 128 available slots, which means that the MIDI program changes I have set (in MidiFire) call the wrong presets.

I have re-ordered the presets manually, and in my latest try (on just 10 presets), opened each one, made a change, and then saved it.
Still, after closing and reopening the app, the presets are re-ordered randomly.

Does anyone have a solution?
DWR-keys

Postby samir4431 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:05 am

I'm having the same exact problem as DWR-Keys. Upon transfer the new patches are jumbled and they don't even stay in place after a restart. This has to be a bug. This needs to be fixed and otherwise there's no way for transfer existing Sampletank IOS patches to a new device.

Please help,
Thank you,
samir4431

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:41 pm

samir4431 wrote:I'm having the same exact problem as DWR-Keys. Upon transfer the new patches are jumbled and they don't even stay in place after a restart. This has to be a bug. This needs to be fixed and otherwise there's no way for transfer existing Sampletank IOS patches to a new device.

Please help,
Thank you,

If the suggestion above from Ryan doesn't work please open a ticket with IK Support for direct tech support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby samir4431 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:26 pm

I have opened a ticket and waiting for a response for a few days. Thank you
samir4431

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories