Playback and export

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Playback and export

Postby malone.jp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 am

Hello

I bought the irig today and can now hear the processed playback of my steel string ok in the headphones via my iphone (it doesn't come out of my speakers when I plug them in).

What I can't work out is how to record something to an mp3 or m4a or whatever, then export it. I was expecting something like a voice recorder, where there is a giant round red button to record and then you stop recording, and then at the end it asks you to name the file. But I can't even play it back in the app, let alone find something to record.

In the projects page there is a cassette tape at the top, then the three lines representing the tracks. I've tried messing with all of the red record buttons here but cannot playback anything I played.

I presume it's staring me right in the face, can someone help me please?

Many thanks

jm
malone.jp

Re: Playback and export

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:42 pm

You must make sure the track is armed if you want to record what you play. There is a section of the manual (available in the app menu) which will elaborate the steps for recording.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby malone.jp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Sorry meant to say that I tried the manual but this is just a white screen for me on my iphone (Help, UserManual and Close at the top, white below this).

I've managed to record and playback on the device. How do I export the recording please? Is this as simple as creating an audio file and, say, emailing it to myself?

Can I somehow (mangically?) make the output from the phone be the input to my pc mic channel?
malone.jp

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:12 pm

I would recommend talking to support directly about accessing the manual through the app as that should work. Also, in the mean time you can access the manual in your IK User Area providing you’ve registered the app. The steps for different types of export are laid out there.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories