iRig MIX with non-app external effects and sampler possible?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig MIX with non-app external effects and sampler possible?

Postby tronque » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Hello,

I get the mixer to work with Vocalive iOS just fine but how would you go about connecting an external effects processor/sampler like KP3 instead to output 1?
I set it up as with Vocalive but then I disconnect and put a composite A/V cable 3,5 mm 4-pole from in/output 1 on mixer to the Korg Kaoss Pad KP3’s rca inputs.
Now the thing is that The Kp3 has built in sounds n samples which I can hear thru the mixer but it seems like the signal IN to KP3 from mixer is too low no matter how I raise input vol to max. I thought there’s some polarity issue with the cable but if I plug the AV cable from iPhone to KP3 I get all the input volume I want to KP3.
Also, the input from channel 3 on the mixer is very strong as you can hear when switching x-sync on.
How is the wiring on the irig mix? It says it’s TRRS but I’d like to know if there’s a way to by changing polarities get more input to ext processing and sampler or if signal is coded to work only with ik multimedia apps.
Thanks you for your attention!
tronque

Re: iRig MIX with non-app external effects and sampler possi

Postby tronque » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:41 pm

A polite bump.

Has anyone tried or successfully treated the output from Channel 1 on other Fx processor than the ik multimedia ios apps?
The mixer seems to work just fine but maybe I need to buy a returnable irig mix to compare.

All thought on the matter very welcome. Cal
tronque

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories