iRig Pro I/O: No sound from iRig headphone jack

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pro I/O: No sound from iRig headphone jack

Postby matt180 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi Folks. I just received my iRig Pro I/O, which I'm using with an iPad (lightning input), and I can't get any output from headphones when my guitar is plugged into the iRig jack. I hear my guitar fine when headphones are plugged into the iPad (both in GarageBand and Amplitube). I've turned the jack's volume control all the way up and down, with no luck. I've tried it both plugged into the iPad and not. Please tell me: Am I using this wrong? Or is the unit possibly defective? Thank you.
matt180

Re: iRig Pro I/O: No sound from iRig headphone jack

Postby matt180 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi folks. I figured out the problem. I didn’t have the monitor feature enabled in the iOS application. Sorry for the mistake!
matt180

Postby Mcharles5 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Hooked up my new iRig Pro to my iPhone 8 and set monitor to TRUE in the AmpliTube settings. But still not getting sound from the headphone jack. Would appreciate help or suggestions!! Thanks
Mcharles5

Postby tuzmusic » Mon May 07, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm having a similar problem. My MIDI is working through the MIDI I/O (not usb) – iGrand piano shows that notes are coming in. But no sound is coming out of the iRig. And the Mic Room app also doesn't recognize the iRig as an input source. And Spotify, for instance, makes no sound when the iRig is plugged in, which I assume means it's playing through the iRig but no sound is actually coming out.

The problem doesn't appear to be with the headphone jack, since when I plug the iRig into my computer it works fine. I've tried using the USB mini DIN cable through a camera kit, but then my iPad says the iRig requires too much power (at least it clearly recognizes its existence!).
tuzmusic

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories