keyboard to iPad: right interface

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

keyboard to iPad: right interface

Postby renix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi
I'm a piano player and I would like to connect my keyboard to my iPad to record, very rarely, my keyboard's sounds into Garageband.

it seems that most of the adapters are for bass and guitar ...

What kind of little and NO expensive interface could I use?
renix

Re: keyboard to iPad: right interface

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 pm

If you'd like to use your keyboard to control apps that produce sound on your iPad and your keyboard has 5-pin MIDI ports, you would want to look at iRig MIDI 2

If you want to record the sound of your piano/keyboard, you'd need an audio interface. Your keyboard likely outputs left and right signals so our dual-channel iRig Pro Duo would be the best fit.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby renix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks a lot.

But, for example, simple iRig or iRig 2 doesn't work fine with keyb?
renix

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm

iRig or iRig 2 are mono input interfaces that plug into the headphone jack so you'd only get a mono signal into your device and the audio quality will be lower. Also, no MIDI control.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby renix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Ok
but I will use my keyboard without MIDI din connector but ONLY with USB... irig Pro duo is right for my purpose (also if too expensive for my rare use)? or....?
renix

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:00 pm

renix wrote:Ok
but I will use my keyboard without MIDI din connector but ONLY with USB... irig Pro duo is right for my purpose (also if too expensive for my rare use)? or....?

You would have to use a Camera Connection Kit to use your USB MIDI keyboard with iPad, just to be note. iRig Pro Duo will not be able to be connected at the same time as your keyboard via USB since the iPad has a single connector.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby renix » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 pm

I altready use my ipad with lightinig adapter to connect my keyboard/stage piano to Ipad...
renix

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories