my IRIG Keys IO 49's: sound not working for mac and ipad

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

my IRIG Keys IO 49's: sound not working for mac and ipad

Postby ctvv3010 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 am

I've just bought IRIG Key IOS 49 today. I've tried my best to use it either on my Mac laptop and iPad Pro. I used the keyboard with GarageBand and by plugging in and out many times, the sound worked once. Then I unplugged the USB and for few hours later trying to use it again, it still didn't work, although GarageBand still recognized the IRIG Keys.

Do you think this is the device's problem? Or is there something else I need to do to fix this?

Thank you, for your help!
ctvv3010

Re: my IRIG Keys IO 49's: sound not working for mac and iPad

Postby Claudio.mesiasm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm

i have the exactly problem dude, i need help Quickly
Claudio.mesiasm

Postby ctvv3010 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I asked the online store that I bought and they replied this. It's fixed for the Macbook:

"First of all make sure the USB cable and connection is intact and your laptop is plugged in for the test. Second do a Mac spotlight search for "Audio Midi setup" the icon looks like a small keyboard. Under the window menu choose "show midi studio". This window will display all devices that are connected. If the keyboard is recognized it should have an icon for the iRig and it will be bright and not greyed out (if it is intermittent ly dark then greyed out let me know) . Depending on the iRig the kwyboard may have an LED to show it is getting bus power.

Once this is tested. Open Garageband make sure you have headphones connected to your laptop phones jack or to the audio interface you are using with Garageband. Also in Garageband open "preferences" and choose Audio/Midi make sure the Output and input device is your oudio interface or "built in audio" If you have the latest version there should also be a "reset Midi Drivers" button."

But for the iPad, I have no solution yet. It's still not working.
ctvv3010

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Claudio.mesiasm wrote:i have the exactly problem dude, i need help Quickly

Also note that not every issue is exactly the same even if it may appear so via reading about others' experience. I would still recommend opening a ticket with support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ so you can get the proper one-on-one assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Norikunman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:34 am

I just bought IO49 and was using with may iPad Pro. For first two days, I was able to play audio sound from iPad headphone jack. On third day, for some reason the sound stopped. I went through many procedures and found out that the audio comes only from IO49's rear headphone output. The default setting is low so you can turn up a volume by pressing "Alt" and "Data" dial.

On a Mac book the audio continues to come out from headphone jack. But for iPAD, IO49 seems to automatically switch the audio output to internal output (instead of iPad jack).

My only question is why I was able to play sounds via iPad for first 2 days. There must be a some sort of CC signal that tells IO49 to switch audio outputs. I would like to know what it is. But for now, use internal output.

Nori
Norikunman

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 pm

I’m not sure why that would happen but tech support may have more technical information about this (link in my signature).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: my IRIG Keys IO 49's: sound not working for mac and ipad

Postby Ljglmail121 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:19 pm

I personally use a pair of IRIG Keys IO 49's as my main recording monitor. They're great monitors at a very reasonable price point. However, I've been having two problems with them recently.

I had the first problem when I was using the iPad 2, with iOS 7 installed. I noticed that the sound in Garageband wasn't working when I used the headphones because of a malfunctioning input or output.

It seemed like there were two possible fixes to try and fix my problem:

1.) Unplugging the headphones from the jack and plugging it back in again helped for some time. This seemed to be a temporary fix for my problem, but it eventually returned.

2.) Changing the orientation of my iPad also fixed my sound issue. This seemed to be more permanent than just unplugging and plugging it back in, but it would still return periodically.
Ljglmail121

Postby Ljglmail121 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:29 pm

When I started out audio recording for my YouTube videos, I was using a pair of Behringer Truth B-2031A monitors that I had bought from Guitar Center, but they were pretty bad. They were bright and harsh sounding and produced an excessive amount of low end.

These are some of the things that can really get on your nerves and make you lose your focus when making a video. The frequency response was just too uneven and the whole experience made me lose my motivation to record videos.
[Mod edit: Suspicious links, in a small font, have been removed.]

I had to look for better and more affordable options, so I started looking around at different brands, models, and price ranges. I did a lot of research, reading reviews at different websites and watching YouTube video reviews as well.

When it came to the search I was looking for a balanced pair of studio monitors with a flat frequency response curve that could deliver clear sound without any unwanted coloration.
Ljglmail121

Postby larrysurles238 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:22 am

I am planning to buy one and now I am not suretree care chattanoogaif I need to pursue my decision. I didn't know that such an error is existing.
larrysurles238

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories