Gear different between Mac and iOS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Gear different between Mac and iOS

Postby mark.jurado » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:46 am

Hello,

I have the same account registered in Amplitube on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. The applications work well in and of themselves, but for some reason even though it's the same account, I have more gear available to me on the Mac version of Amplitube than on my iOS devices.

For example, on the Mac client I have the Fender Twin Reverb amp model available and the Diode Overdrive stomp, but on the iOS client I have neither.

Is there any way to get the two to match? I'd like to be able to use the same presets across devices, so that if I purchased more of them I'd know that they can be used across the platform, but at this moment my options on iOS are quite limited.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
mark.jurado

Re: Gear different between Mac and iOS

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:32 pm

They are different products on different platforms and are not interchangeable. Apple sells the iOS version on their App Store and we cannot connect the iOS version to your desktop version to sync purchases.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tadmorguy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi,

so the iOS app and the MAC is actually a different software that also has different engine or at least sound different?

I've tried using the iRig HD 2 on my iMac and on my iPhone with the same amp (fender deluxe) and it sounds differen.
Is it because of the above?
Does it sound different (better) on iPad Air 2(does the CPU power has an impact on the sound?)

regards,
Guy
tadmorguy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:49 pm

While the code on the iOS AmpliTube gear is derived directly from the Mac/PC version, there may be sonic differences based on the platform hardware differences, differing features outside of the gear itself, and other factors. It shouldn't be a huge night and day difference, though.

A better iOS device is always a good idea, but your sound quality shouldn't be "nerfed" (reduced) on compatible iOS devices in a monumental way.

I would suggest you might want to work with IK Support to make sure your settings are all correct in both versions so you can get the most out of each. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tadmorguy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:36 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

For the record, the guitar sound using my iPhone 8 plus (in flight mode) sound "plastic", i.e the high freq does not sound good where on my iMac I do not hear this "plastic" sound, the guitar sounds great.
tadmorguy

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories