iRig2 with physical pedal

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig2 with physical pedal

Postby akabruit » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi,

I would like to add my loop pedal (EHX 360) to my iRig2 interface. Since its a loop pedal i dont want to put it before the iRig but rather between the Amp Out and my Amp. Can i do this? Im not sure what signal the iRig Amp Out sends out so i would appreciate som insight before i do this. Dont want to destroy my pedals as some said i might do..

Kindly
Fredrik
akabruit

Re: iRig2 with physical pedal

Postby Daniel_IK » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi akabruit,

The amp output of the iRig 2 sends a Hi-Z instrument-level signal. This is designed to output directly to your amplifier. Since most guitar pedals are designed to operate at instrument level, it should definitely work!

We have also had our users plug in distortion, delay, reverb, and chorus pedals pre-iRig 2 and it works perfectly since it operates at instrument level. Just make sure to bypass some effects in AmpliTube iOS as needed.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Daniel_IK
IK Moderator

Postby mxwllmxwll » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Daniel_IK wrote:Hi akabruit,

The amp output of the iRig 2 sends a Hi-Z instrument-level signal. This is designed to output directly to your amplifier. Since most guitar pedals are designed to operate at instrument level, it should definitely work!

Hi Daniel

How do you recommend I do this when I'm not using the instrument out of the irig2, instead I want to go straight to headphones?

Guitar > irig2 > ipad > loop pedal > ??? > headphones

I'm using a Boss RC-3 which has no headphones out. Do I need an audio interface?

Thanks
mxwllmxwll

Postby Daniel_IK » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi there,

Although it's not by design, this may work depending on the looper model. You'd have to check if it ONLY works with Hi-Z instrument level signals, or may accept other line and even mic level. If so, headphone level can technically work here, just be wary of the gain staging.

Alternatively, I would suggest using the looper pedal pre-iRig 2. Connect the Guitar to the looper then out to iRig 2, so the connection would be like this:

Guitar > Loop Pedal > iRig 2 > iPad > Headphone out

Hope this helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Daniel_IK
IK Moderator

Postby mxwllmxwll » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 am

Thanks very much, in that case I will have to investigate more!
mxwllmxwll

Postby ToastedMeister22 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:39 am

I know this thread is old but I just got an iRig HD 2, can I plug in my Morley Power Fuzz Wah or can it damage any of my gear? The chain would be: Bass - Morley PFW - iRig HD 2 - Amplitube 5 SE
ToastedMeister22

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories