iRig mic not working with iRig Duo and iPad Mini

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig mic not working with iRig Duo and iPad Mini

Postby grbenny » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:30 am

Hello,

I recently purchased an iRig Pro Duo in a Deluxe box set that includes an iRig Studio XlR mic.

I can't get the mic to work with either GarageBand or Amplitube on an iPad Mini. I have tried other mics including both dynamic and condenser.

The mic input works well when the Duo is connected to my iMac.

The guitar input works well on the Duo with iPad Mini, both with GarageBand and Amplitube.

When GarageBand in open, the dialog opens saying to turn on Monitoring. When I click OK and turn on monitoring, there's no sound thru the mic, and in a few seconds there is a staticky sound, Monitoring shuts off, and the same dialog pops up suggesting to turn on Monitoring.

I've made sure 48v is engaged, and tried with Direct Monitor on the Duo both On and Off.

The input/output levels are turned up sufficiently.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Gary
grbenny

Re: iRig mic not working with iRig Duo and iPad Mini

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:43 pm

That is definitely odd behavior but you would need to open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ so they can give you one-on-one technical assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby grbenny » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Thank you. I will open a ticket. Thought I'd try here first in case someone had a quick answer. This is my first attempt at recording to an iPad, so thought there might be something obvious more experienced used would spot.

Thanks again,
Gary
grbenny

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:22 pm

grbenny wrote:Thank you. I will open a ticket. Thought I'd try here first in case someone had a quick answer. This is my first attempt at recording to an iPad, so thought there might be something obvious more experienced used would spot.

Thanks again,
Gary

Normally I'd say that could bear fruit but you are very detailed in the steps you took to engage monitoring etc and it unfortunately sounds like there may be the need for deeper tech assistance. Of course if anybody recognizes this behavior and can offer advice they should chime in! :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tkorourke@hotmail.com » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 pm

I have the exact same problem
tkorourke@hotmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 pm

tkorourke@hotmail.com wrote:I have the exact same problem

Please relay your issue to the IK Support team and they will happily assist you and take care of the issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories