Newbie: How to switch on iRig Pro Duo?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Newbie: How to switch on iRig Pro Duo?

Postby jvrock84 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi,
Newbie here.

I bought an used iRig pro DUO on Guitarcenter. My situation is this:

The iRig came without the iPad/iPhone cable, So I couldn't test it until the new cable came (bought it on amazon). Finally, when the cable came I placed a pair of batteries, inserted the iPad Cable, inserted a cable in the 1/4 jack, opened garage band... but nothing happened, the iRig is "off", no lights or something. After that I removed the batteries and tried to power it with a boss pedal adapter, (is 300ma) but nothing happened again.
My questions are, in what moment the unit must power on? the problem it's because the cable is damaged? or it's because I need a 500ma adapter?

Any help will be appreciated.
Joe.
jvrock84

Re: Newbie: How to switch on iRig Pro Duo?

Postby chops4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:44 am

HI jvrock84 "Newbie"

Just received my brand new iRig pro duo and it will not power on after the batteries are inserted either! It will turn on when connected to PC via USB, but nothing with batteries alone! Just sent support an email.
chops4

Postby rytaddress » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm having the same problem with a brand new iRig Pro I/O. With brand new batteries installed, there is no power. I'm hoping there is some trick I'm supposed to learn, because returning stuff is a pain, as we all know. Is this a typical iRig problem?
rytaddress

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

This would be something IK Support can assist directly with at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rytaddress » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi Peter. Yes, I contacted them earlier this morning. I'm still waiting for a reply. In the interim, I've tried using the iRig while connected to my iPad. No luck. I think this thing is simply a lemon :(
rytaddress

Postby pbuonora » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:47 am

What was the solution to this issue?
pbuonora

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:30 pm

pbuonora wrote:What was the solution to this issue?

To contact IK Support for direct assistance.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pbuonora » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Ok thanks. I have contacted support/put in a ticket but have not heard back yet.
pbuonora

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 pm

pbuonora wrote:Ok thanks. I have contacted support/put in a ticket but have not heard back yet.

They typically reply within one business day (M-F 10a-7p EST) so they should be helping you soon. Please let me know if you have an issue. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories