Irig pro duo loud noise iPhone 7 issue

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig pro duo loud noise iPhone 7 issue

Postby marquisdevon3 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 am

Was there a new firmware update for the irig pro duo. I heard a lot of people are having issues with GarageBand and the loud white noise. I guess with the new iPhone 7. Are there any new apps coming out because iPhone 8 will be here before we know it. And the loud noise messes up my vocal recording sessions in vocalive 3. It worked fine for my iPhone 6. My question is the June 8th firmware update the update that fixes all these noise issues.

https://youtu.be/-xEJ9PaxuQ4

That's what the noise sounds like
marquisdevon3

Re: Irig pro duo loud noise iPhone 7 issue

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:39 pm

You should definitely update to the latest firmware. That should be the one that addresses this issue and it is generally best practice to keep up to date with the latest firmware.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby seansixstrings » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:04 am

Random, loud blast of white noise after anywhere from a few seconds to a minute (if you’re lucky) of playing or recording in either Garageband or AmpliTube on an iPhone 7. Really terrible - I’d like my $200 back since this thing is useless out of the box.
seansixstrings

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:32 pm

seansixstrings wrote:Random, loud blast of white noise after anywhere from a few seconds to a minute (if you’re lucky) of playing or recording in either Garageband or AmpliTube on an iPhone 7. Really terrible - I’d like my $200 back since this thing is useless out of the box.

Please make sure you are updated to the latest firmware as suggested to OP above and if that doesn't work IK Support would be happy to assist you to resolve this issue at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby seansixstrings » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Ok, I found the Firmware updater, downloaded that, and ran the update for IRig duo pro. So far - much better! I did get a short blast of noise changing amps, but other than that, the device now holds up. If I could offer a suggestion or two, I think you should clearly instruct customers to upgrade to the latest firmware in the device packaging. Also, I think the firmware updater is a little bit difficult to find, but not impossible. It only took me hours of investigation searching forums and this site, but I’d rather spend that time playing! Other than that, my faith in your products is restored. Thanks!
seansixstrings

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:13 pm

You're welcome and thanks for the suggestion. May I ask where you purchased your iRig Pro DUO? All shipments from IK to dealers/distributors would usually have the newest firmware installed so they may have had some stock from just before the updated firmware was released.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby seansixstrings » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Guitar Center, Lubbock TX. It had probably been on the shelf for some time.
seansixstrings

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:56 pm

seansixstrings wrote:Guitar Center, Lubbock TX. It had probably been on the shelf for some time.

Thank you. I also have verified that our new improved registration emails will soon roll out for iRig Pro DUO as we have created and rolled out other registration emails already. When you register an iRig Pro DUO in the future, firmware updates will be mentioned in the email you receive (along with other helpful tips).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories