Deleting recordings from iRig Recorder

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Deleting recordings from iRig Recorder

Postby alessandro.sivieri » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi all,

I found out today that I am not able to delete recordings from iRig Recorder, or at least I am not able to find out how to do it.

I am using an iPad mini 1st generation, so it has iOS 9.3.5, and the latest version of iRig Recorder (no pending updates). If I export a recording, then I can save it from iTunes and delete the exported version, but I still have several old recordings and I have no idea how to delete them. Since they take quite some space, this is becoming an urgent issue.

This also seems to be a new problem, since I have recordings that go back to February, and nothing before that, so I assume the previous version of the app worked correctly and I was able to delete them from iTunes.

Thank you for your help,
Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri

Re: Deleting recordings from iRig Recorder

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:53 pm

You can delete any recording inside the app itself by swiping left and choosing "Delete" but it sounds like that is not what you mean.

If you are not able to delete the export versions using the iTunes interface when connected, I would open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/ so they can assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ian.barton » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:05 am

I suggest deleting and recalling the app (after saving to PC)
ian.barton

Postby BrennaAllen2501 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:53 pm

I have the same problem. I try the swipe left motion on the name but never see the option to edit or delete a recording.
BrennaAllen2501

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:21 pm

BrennaAllen2501 wrote:I have the same problem. I try the swipe left motion on the name but never see the option to edit or delete a recording.

In that case, please open a ticket with IK Support as suggested above. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bobbsaunders@gmail.com » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 am

Well I took your advice, pulled up the list of old recordings, swiped left, up came a 'Delete' button, clicked it and it deleted. I must say that hiding it was not helpful - a simple trash can icon would have been most intuitive. Anyway it works so thats good. cheers Bob
Bobbsaunders@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories