iRig 2 + iPhone7

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig 2 + iPhone7

Postby james79 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:39 am

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the iRig 2 works using the iPhone7 headphone dongle? They're cheap as chips now, and whilst the iRigHD2 remains unusable I guess I'll have to spend more money to continue writing and recording band demos

james79

Re: iRig 2 + iPhone7

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Yes it will. See http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... rig2-specs -

Requires use of Apple's Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (TRRS).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby james79 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Yes it will. See http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... rig2-specs -

Requires use of Apple's Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (TRRS).

lol with all due respect, ikmultimedia say my iRig HD2 should work with my iphone7 - but it doesnt :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I 'might' take a chance on one, as they're so cheap - luckily its only for demo purposes at this stage
james79

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Support tested with the included adapter. They do state it works, but you are welcome to wait for other users to chime in of course :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby james79 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Well it works. Sort of.

I can record in GarageBand again, using AmpliTube. I can hear audio in my headphones, but even with monitoring on, and a signal clearly showing on the output monitor, all I can hear is the song minus the guitar part I'm actually recording......
james79

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:07 pm

james79 wrote:Well it works. Sort of.

I can record in GarageBand again, using AmpliTube. I can hear audio in my headphones, but even with monitoring on, and a signal clearly showing on the output monitor, all I can hear is the song minus the guitar part I'm actually recording......

I would contact support as it should work as normal with the adapter. They should be able to guide you as they've tested that setup. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Agarcia2018 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 am

Iam having trouble too with the irig2 with my iPhone7p
Here’s my setup I have a ddj-rr dj controller I use the rca out on that unit to the
Input of the irig2 then the other end of the irig2 to that adapter from
Female to iPhone 7 p charger thing and I get nothing. My goal is to use it for
Live streaming my dj sets on YouTube and Facebook... any suggestions I tryed everything
I think please help if you can
Agarcia2018

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:05 am

Please make sure you are using the adapter that cane with your iPhone 7 as many times 3rd party adapters can be unreliable. Also, iRig 2 accepts a mono line level (or Hi-Z instrument) input only. If it is a stereo connector or not a line-level or Hi-Z signal it will not work

If you are sure of the above then I would suggest contacting support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ so they can assist you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kleins6 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Resurrecting an old-ish thread here...I also have the iRig2 and Amplitube Acoustic, which I use with my acoustic guitar (and iRig Blueboard) in my acoustic trio, sending the iRig2 stereo out to a stereo input on my audio console. I'd previously used an iPhone 5 and 6 using this identical setup for over a year with no issues, but when I got the 7 I switched to my wife's iPad because of the lack of headphone jack. Then I decided to try it with the iPhone 7 using the lighting/headphone adapter so my wife could have her iPad back.

While it worked, it seems that on any preset using the tube amp at least, the 2nd effects setting always includes a delay, even when the delay wasn't the selected effect. You can still hear the flange or chorus but the delay is always there now. If I turn off the Chorus or Flanger, the delay also goes away. I re-tried my iRig2 on my iPad and that still works as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this weirdness with the lightning adapter? I've ordered an older iPad Mini 2 to use, but I would still like to have the iPhone 7 available as a backup (God forbid I drop the iPad at a gig...).

Thanks,
Jeff
kleins6

Postby kleins6 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Well, I finally got a reply from Tech Support and there is indeed a bug in the latest release of Amplitube Acoustic (maybe more?) that affects the effects. So, it doesn't actually have anything to do with using the lighting adapter. At least I know I'm not crazy now, but they don't have a patch release date yet...and I've got two gigs coming up...

Jeff
kleins6

Postby Birchgroover » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Using iRig2 and iPhone 7 Plus
Does not work. All I get is what the external mic on the phone pics up, and nothing from my bass and either AmpliTube or JamUp apps. Yes, double checked Apple’s adaptor, and setting procedure yadda, yadda. Nothing.

Support returned my inquiry to say he connected and used JamUp through an iRig2. I am not sure what additional magic he used to do this, because it definitely does not work.

With my older iPad that uses a standard 1/8” jack, no problem.
Birchgroover

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories