Transfer Amplitube Projects to new iPad?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Transfer Amplitube Projects to new iPad?

Postby spager001 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:57 pm

I have a new iPad but have several in-progress projects on my old iPad. Is there any way to export/transfer the project to Amplitube on the new iPad instead of exporting the final/mixed version of the song?

Thanks!
Sean
spager001

Re: Transfer Amplitube Projects to new iPad?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi, please follow the steps in this FAQ to backup and restore presets in AmpliTube for iOS: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3597

I hope that helps!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby spager001 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:20 am

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, please follow the steps in this FAQ to backup and restore presets in AmpliTube for iOS: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3597

I hope that helps!

Thanks Peter, but I'm trying to copy recorded projects, not presets. I can use iTunes File Sharing to copy the project folder to my PC, but I cannot select a full folder when adding files back to Amplitube. Is there any way to copy a project?

Thanks,
Sean
spager001

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:55 am

I don't know why I read "presets" there :oops:

You should also see a folder for Projects in iTunes file sharing if I am recalling correctly too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby spager001 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:33 am

Peter_IK wrote:I don't know why I read "presets" there :oops:

You should also see a folder for Projects in iTunes file sharing if I am recalling correctly too.

Thanks again Peter. Yes, the projects are visible in iTunes only as folders. I can copy them from the old iPad to the PC without a problem. But when I attempt to add them from PC to the new iPad, the Add File function allows me to only select individual files and not the entire folders. It's beginning to look like the only way to replicate a project is by importing individually exported tracks one at a time. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Sean
spager001

Postby ralcomusic » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Here’s a video illustrating the process

https://youtu.be/ROY-ySF6ElM
ralcomusic

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories