SampleTank for iOS updated to 2.0.4

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

SampleTank for iOS updated to 2.0.4

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:15 pm

What's New in Version 2.0.4

- New available Instrument Collections: Power Up, NRG and Elektronika - Trance
- Added MIDI learn to MUTE and SOLO for each part
- Added MIDI learn on the speed parameter of the Rotary effect
- In Pads view, it is now possible for Drums and Loops&Hits category instruments to browse between all the available mapped sounds
using the octave buttons.
- Fixed possible crash during the loading of an instrument in Pads View
- Updated Japanese help tooltips
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: SampleTank for iOS updated to 2.0.4

Postby boxcolony » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:43 am

Hi, any tutorial or video on how to midi learn Mute and Solo? Also is there an easier way of selecting a part in the Live mode without double tapping it? i hope you can replace the double tap to single tap. ;)
boxcolony

Postby ski88keys » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Single tap would be way better. I had issues with the double tap in my past 4 gigs. Really put me behind at crucial times.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Postby rabbitland » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:58 pm

The Version 2.0.4 was my first update to Sampletank 2 for iOS. Unfortunately there are less libraries visible as you offer (only sampletank, the grid, Miroslav, moog and sonik synth) - no sampletank pro, ...

Whats wrong?

Regards, Wolfgang
rabbitland

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:09 pm

rabbitland wrote:The Version 2.0.4 was my first update to Sampletank 2 for iOS. Unfortunately there are less libraries visible as you offer (only sampletank, the grid, Miroslav, moog and sonik synth) - no sampletank pro, ...

Whats wrong?

Regards, Wolfgang

If you are using a 32-bit device you will not have access to some of the newer libraries that require 64-bit devices to power the sound engine. This is elaborated on the Specs page for SampleTank iOS: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... kios-specs
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rabbitland » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Thank you. :(
700€ for new hardware because of a 50€ app....
rabbitland

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:36 pm

rabbitland wrote:Thank you. :(
700€ for new hardware because of a 50€ app....

You can still use the functionality and libraries that were available when your device was current (and a little bit more since the 2.0 update did add some great updates), but like the desktop DAWs and software 64-bit is the current spec for powerful audio tools (including Apple's Logic Pro X that became a 64-bit-only DAW).

We updated to have 2.0x usable on 32-bit devices so people wouldn't feel forced to buy new hardware to enjoy the app.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rabbitland » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:11 pm

IPADs are very robust and of course expensive. I'm not very happy that you do not support a 3 years Young device which has a live time of at least10 years with NEW SOUNDS. The only reason I can understand is Performance because of the new Sounds. Only the Change from 32 to 64 Bit HW/SW can not be the reason.

If i look for a new IPAD - which one is better from Performance view for SampleTANK: IPAD Pro with A9X-Chip (2 cores, best single core Performance) or a IPAD AIR 2 with A8X-Chip (3 cores).

Thank you.
Rabbitland
rabbitland

Postby jacques.dubuc » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Are you going to add audio unit support in the future, it would be great :D
jacques.dubuc

Postby kimeiroma » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:44 pm

+1 for auv3 support for Sampletank for iOS.

Can IKMM give us users any indication if this is coming in the near future?

That would be greatly appreciated and would motivate me and I suspect many others to keep this app in their iOS music app arsenal as opposed to looking for alternatives.
kimeiroma

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm

kimeiroma wrote:+1 for auv3 support for Sampletank for iOS.

Can IKMM give us users any indication if this is coming in the near future?

That would be greatly appreciated and would motivate me and I suspect many others to keep this app in their iOS music app arsenal as opposed to looking for alternatives.

I don't have specific news of an update at this time but the suggestion has been relayed to the developers. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sarahah » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:16 pm

I was also searching for some related videos or tutorial on how to midi learn Mute and Solo.
Sarahah

Postby jblongz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 pm

+1 for audio unit support!
jblongz

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:29 pm

jblongz wrote:+1 for audio unit support!

Audio Units are coming to IK iOS apps in the coming months, we'll share more details about when, which, and how when there is more news. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jodenmi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Where in ST for iOS can one save edited sounds? The IK "spin" on the product hints at being able to save sounds but I cannot find in either the manual or in the app where sucha thing is possible.

Thanks
jodenmi

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories