Connecting an acoustic /electric to amplitube

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Connecting an acoustic /electric to amplitube

Postby nad1760 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:33 pm

I would like to connect an acoustic/electric to amplitube.
I already have an Irig HD2 which I use with amplitube free for iPad.
Have been using this setup with an electric. Would like to use an acoustic/electric.
Could buy the Irig acoustic but do not want to because my guitar already has a pickup.
The amp choices in amplitube free for iPad are not ideal for an acoustic. The amp choices in Amplitube acoustic would be excellent. Can I use the Irig HD2 with Amplitube acoustic or is Amplitube acoustic designed to be used only with the Irig acoustic. thanks
nad1760

Re: Connecting an acoustic /electric to amplitube

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:44 am

Yes you can use iRig HD 2 with your electro-acoustic and AmpliTube Acoustic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mstp146@gmail.com » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:10 pm

I have used my acoustic guitar with Amplitube acoustic IOS and work fine and then its stop no more signals from the HD2.

After 5 minutes the HD2 starts to send a pulse to my amp.

I did the same test with my electric guitar using Amplitube acoustic and I have experienced no problem.

Look like an impedance incompatibility.
mstp146@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:58 pm

mstp146@gmail.com wrote:I have used my acoustic guitar with Amplitube acoustic IOS and work fine and then its stop no more signals from the HD2.

After 5 minutes the HD2 starts to send a pulse to my amp.

I did the same test with my electric guitar using Amplitube acoustic and I have experienced no problem.

Look like an impedance incompatibility.

That is not the typical experience. Please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ if you have not done so and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories