iPhone 7 - no headphone jack- what now?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iPhone 7 - no headphone jack- what now?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi, we do not have an adapter cable made by IK. We have iRig Pro I/O that was created after iPhone 7 was released without a headphone jack or the Apple official option above that is tested as working (as is usually the case with Apple adapters) but you are not interested in a dock (though it is very small).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bether » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:19 am

I think this will be the best choose:

Use at your own risk.
Last edited by bether on Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bether

Postby mmoraguescoll » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:58 pm

Peter Ik, I now very well that you made iRig pro before the iPhone 7 came out!!!
I asume from your answer that IK have no intentions to make a cable adaptor for iRig pro to use with the iPhone 7 or similar devises....
that's a petty!!
I'm sure you will sell a lot of them and make many users happy!!

I hope somebody will make it, and soon!!
thanks for your quick answer,

greetings,
Marcos
mmoraguescoll

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:06 am

The forum admins and moderators will not have information on the intentions of the product managers and management of IK Multimedia but any announcements of upcoming or released products will be posted. Please do not make specific assumptions based on this user discussion forum, and note that your suggestion will be relayed.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:08 am

To those proposing non-Apple third party adapters, please note that these are use at your own risk. If past experience tells us anything is that those will be hit-or-miss and unsupported.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby brepierce12 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:00 pm

So are we able to answer whether or not there is an adapter for the IPhone 7 (other then the iPhone lighting dock) that is compatible with the iRig Pro?
brepierce12

Postby james990 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 am

yup we had to stick with that issue
james990

Postby Yegor24 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Has anyone tried Wesoo Dual Lightning Adapter & Splitter? On their site it says it supports syncing and playing audio at the same time. Too bad that I can't try it since it doesn't ship to Russia.
Yegor24

Postby noalert » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Yegor24 wrote:Has anyone tried Wesoo Dual Lightning Adapter & Splitter? On their site it says it supports syncing and playing audio at the same time. Too bad that I can't try it since it doesn't ship to Russia.

I tried several of these adapters (they come under different names). It works with the official Apple Lightning earphones, but not with the iRig Mic HD (probably because it's powered).
noalert

Postby noalert » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:53 pm

It's nine months after the iPhone 7 came out and still I haven't found a solution to get headphone monitoring when using my iRig Mic HD or iRig Pro. Does anyone else know of a (3rd party) adapter, apart from the official dock.

I even asked some Chinese manufacturers if they know any solution, but none of them does.
noalert

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 pm

noalert wrote:It's nine months after the iPhone 7 came out and still I haven't found a solution to get headphone monitoring when using my iRig Mic HD or iRig Pro. Does anyone else know of a (3rd party) adapter, apart from the official dock.

I even asked some Chinese manufacturers if they know any solution, but none of them does.

The Apple Lightning Dock is still going to be the best bet. As usual, official Apple products are the way to go (or MFI certified products, which manufactures like IK and other major companies will provide - if it cannot or does not comply with Apple MFI certification standards we would not be able to release it nor consider it a supported accessory in conjunction with ours if from a 3rd party).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby noalert » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The Apple Lightning Dock is still going to be the best bet. As usual, official Apple products are the way to go (or MFI certified products, which manufactures like IK and other major companies will provide - if it cannot or does not comply with Apple MFI certification standards we would not be able to release it nor consider it a supported accessory in conjunction with ours if from a 3rd party).

I totally understand that IK Multimedia won't support non-MFI certificated products. However, do you know of any non-certificated products that theoretically would do the job? (And again, I explicitly understand that you don't recomment to use them.)
noalert

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 pm

noalert wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The Apple Lightning Dock is still going to be the best bet. As usual, official Apple products are the way to go (or MFI certified products, which manufactures like IK and other major companies will provide - if it cannot or does not comply with Apple MFI certification standards we would not be able to release it nor consider it a supported accessory in conjunction with ours if from a 3rd party).

I totally understand that IK Multimedia won't support non-MFI certificated products. However, do you know of any non-certificated products that theoretically would do the job? (And again, I explicitly understand that you don't recomment to use them.)

Honestly, I do not. From what I'm told we also have tried non-certified products and so far nothing works.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby takeahike » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:51 am

I think it is actually a software problem. We could play along with listening to a song. We could never use a Bluetooth speaker. The speaker always had to be connected. The operating system will only let you do things at once. Yeah the sound is part of the operation...... at the Sam time it isn't because there was a head phone jack involved. With the one port. Apple stated that you can charge the phone while listening. Power in is not using any processing power. The new connector is now using processing power. So the multi connector won't work.its processing going into the phone and it won't process sound out of the phone.
takeahike

Postby tibey44 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:29 am

I bought the Lightning dock, but I cant get it to work. I have the IRig Pro....is there a post or a link that can tell me how to set this up for my guitar?
tibey44

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories