iPhone 7 - no headphone jack- what now?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iPhone 7 - no headphone jack- what now?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:29 am

jbow52 wrote:... and iRIG PRO?? You didn't mention it.
OK, the Lightning Dock looks pretty good, looks like a solution. Apple is just sometime easy to not like. Maybe with this it will be ok, as long as you aren't truly mobile.
J

Yes. By "IRig HD and similar" I mean digital accessories that have a Lightning connection.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gidit104 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 pm

I just tried the belkin. But it doesn't work at all. I plugged in the iRig pro and I also tried my iRig Keys with the Belkin adaptor. Both of them don't work, there is no reaction, not a single one. No chance. I sent it back. :cry:
gidit104

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 pm

gidit104 wrote:I just tried the belkin. But it doesn't work at all. I plugged in the iRig pro and I also tried my iRig Keys with the Belkin adaptor. Both of them don't work, there is no reaction, not a single one. No chance. I sent it back. :cry:

I know that support has tested the Apple Lightning Dock. You may want to give that a try. I'll let them know you tried the other 3rd party adapter and it did not work, I do believe they were planning to test that one as well.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gidit104 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Thank you. Was the Apple lightning dock sucessfully tested?
gidit104

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:11 pm

gidit104 wrote:Thank you. Was the Apple lightning dock sucessfully tested?

Yes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gidit104 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
gidit104 wrote:Thank you. Was the Apple lightning dock sucessfully tested?

Yes.

Thank you. Great!
gidit104

Postby tenorworship » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello! I have an iPhone 7 plus and I recently purchased a iRig Keys Pro. I am planning to use this for a live performance.

I'm just worried that what would happen to me if I don't have enough charge of the battery. Do you have a product or planning to release a product like an iRig PowerBridge but with headphone jack?

Thanks!
tenorworship

Postby Ar1aN87 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Is there smaller than Apple Dock connectors for iRig Pro tested ? :?: :?: :?:
Cause it's to big for working and using iPhone 7plus while recording and editing!!

Now there are 1000 of them on Amazon, but they mostly chargers and data is not always available... :(

NEED HELP!!! I Just bought iRig Pro, and i missed that thing that 3.5mm connector is made for MIDI!!! :!: :!: :!:
Ar1aN87

Postby ThomasFerree » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 am

I bought iPhone 7 and iRig HD does not work with it, using the Belkin Lightening Charge Audio Rockstar. I see lots of posts about this. The disappointing thing is that although I see lots of posts about it, I don't see any really from IK Multimedia.
ThomasFerree

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:55 pm

ThomasFerree wrote:I bought iPhone 7 and iRig HD does not work with it, using the Belkin Lightening Charge Audio Rockstar. I see lots of posts about this. The disappointing thing is that although I see lots of posts about it, I don't see any really from IK Multimedia.

That is a third-party adapter so results will vary or may not be what you expect, but we have posted that iRig HD and our other digital iRig accessories work with the Apple Lightning Dock.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ThomasFerree » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank you for confirming that Apple Lightening Dock works with iRig HD. I will try that solution. One question please. Apple says that product provides audio "line out". Does that mean that 3.5 mm audio cable should (must) connect not to ordinary headphones, but only to something with volume control?
ThomasFerree

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:19 pm

ThomasFerree wrote:Thank you for confirming that Apple Lightening Dock works with iRig HD. I will try that solution. One question please. Apple says that product provides audio "line out". Does that mean that 3.5 mm audio cable should (must) connect not to ordinary headphones, but only to something with volume control?

I was told we tested it with headphones (by the way it also worked with our analog interfaces so it provides the TRRS connection just like on an iOS device pre-iPhone 7).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cyberheater » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:04 pm

I figured a way.

Get a OTG to lightning cable which looks like this.

And a powered USB Hub.

Connect the keyboard via usb to the hub. Connect the audio interface, i'm using a Behringer UFO202 to the hub using usb.

Connect the lightning cable to the iPhone 7. That's it.

Glorious sound and keyboard action. It works well and quite cheap.
cyberheater

Postby bether » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm using like this:
bether

Postby mmoraguescoll » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Hallo everybody, well the question is simple.
Did IK MULTIMEDIA make an cable adaptor to conect the iRig pro to the iPhone 7?
I don't want a dock! It is to big and not handy I really want a cable with the two plugs in it!
I guess it is not a big challenge for IK to make one of this adaptors.
Coming from you, I'm shure it will be 100% compatible with the iRig pro.
For me the new iRig HD 2 is not an option, I need also the midi input in it. That's why I really want this adapter to be done!
I really hope you do something about it!!
Thanks!!
mmoraguescoll

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories