toolbar_feed

New Sampletank IOS for older iPad issue

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

New Sampletank IOS for older iPad issue

Postby lindseyjondawson » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:06 pm

I updated to the new version of Sampletank for IOS today, love the new update, Im running it on an iPad Air 2 128gig, with no issues so far, the issue Im having is that I went to update it on my iPad 2 16gig, it told me I didnt have enough space, so I deleted version 1.8.5 and a couple other apps to make space, but when I went to install it, it says its not compatible with my iPad 2, no biggie, but I still wanted to have 1.8.5 on my iPad 2 because use it on it a lot too, but now I cant even download version 1.8.5 from my purchased apps section, because it still say its not compatible ( version 1.8.5 ) If I didnt have an iPad Air 2, this would be a complete disaster, so for myself and anyone else who wants to reinstall Sampletank to an pre 64 bit iPad, how do we go about that?
Im able to download other apps like Garageband, that wont install the latest version but will install a version that is still compatible with my iPad 2, shouldnt there be the case with Sampletank ?

Thanks.
lindseyjondawson

Re: New Sampletank IOS for older iPad issue

Postby kgmessier » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 pm

You may still have the older ST on your iTunes. If so, add it back by connecting directly to your Mac or PC and re-syncing your iPad.
kgmessier

Postby lindseyjondawson » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:52 am

kgmessier wrote:You may still have the older ST on your iTunes. If so, add it back by connecting directly to your Mac or PC and re-syncing your iPad.

Thanks but I dont have version 1.8.5 on my Mac.
lindseyjondawson

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:04 am

At this point, best bet would be to report the issue to IK Support and they will assist you directly and see if there's anything you can do to reclaim the older version since that was deleted. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lindseyjondawson » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 am

thanks, but issue was never resolved, not thru support, not thru your reply, thanks anyways. :?:
lindseyjondawson

Postby kitekrazy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 am

lindseyjondawson wrote:thanks, but issue was never resolved, not thru support, not thru your reply, thanks anyways. :?:

The answer is on the iTunes page.
kitekrazy

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Support should have alerted you that there is an issue in the App Store where we cannot make the older version for a 64-bit only app and that they have reported this to Apple. For any progress on the issue, you can reply to your support ticket at any time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ha_se_ka » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:52 am

Maybe you should offer the old SampleTank1.8.5 *.ipa as a download for registered and legal users :?: :!: :?:
So they could place it into their iTunes folders on their Macs or PCs and install ST from there.
What about that?
ha_se_ka

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:38 pm

It is not legal to distribute apps outside of the App Store from what I've seen, so IK could not do that.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ha_se_ka » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:07 am

so Apple forbids developers to distribute their own copyrighted material outside the store, even if the concerning app (or its version) isn't available through the store at all?
Wicked world...

In that case i'd say IKM should get their act together and find a solution for the legal users that are left out in the rain
ha_se_ka

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:05 pm

This is an App Store issue and Apple runs the App Store, not IK. As stated above, IK Support has reported this issue to Apple but there is no news of a fix at this time.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ha_se_ka » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Just had a talk to Apple's support because of something else.

At the occasion i also described the situation with SampleTank that users can't install anymore the older compatible versions to their older devices.
The man at the hotline said that it should be no problem for the app's developer to provide the new (64-bit version) together with the old version.
He said that this is only up to the developer.
According to him there is no restriction that keeps developers from providing an app's new version parallel with its "last compatible" or "compatible to older devices" version.
So who is to blame and who is wrong here?
ha_se_ka

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:38 pm

ha_se_ka wrote:Just had a talk to Apple's support because of something else.

At the occasion i also described the situation with SampleTank that users can't install anymore the older compatible versions to their older devices.
The man at the hotline said that it should be no problem for the app's developer to provide the new (64-bit version) together with the old version.
He said that this is only up to the developer.
According to him there is no restriction that keeps developers from providing an app's new version parallel with its "last compatible" or "compatible to older devices" version.
So who is to blame and who is wrong here?

He's thinking about the other method where the option is there for older versions to be available. The exact problem is that it isn't there when the only limitation is 64-bit only devices. Apple has been consulted about this and confirmed, the support rep you spoke with is wrong. If you need more technical details, please contact IK Support and they will assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kitekrazy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:36 am

This seems like a run around to me.
kitekrazy

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:51 am

kitekrazy wrote:This seems like a run around to me.

Not at all. Please consult IK Support for confirmation but I did send this thread to our Support Manager and he confirmed my reply was 100% correct.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories