IRigProDuo does not work - iPadAir

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRigProDuo does not work - iPadAir

Postby Periscrivermi » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:52 am

I plug irig pro duo into my iPadAir, phantom is turned off, mic Shure87A plugged, blue lights turn on, GarageBand opened and connected to the device.
When I turn on Phantom to use the mic it comes the issue.
Irig starts flashing randomly, the 48V light flashes red and from iPad I see it gets disconnected every two seconds.
I keep getting a message that iRig Pro Duo has been connected. Multi input audio interface available. Do you want to enable multi track recording?
If I click enable iRig Pro Duo is not available.Multi track recording has been disabled.
If I click cancel it just keeps asking me if I want to enable.

It is not due to the battery. I used three different sets of new battery and the problem occurs after few seconds.

I tried then with the firmware update as suggested by someone else. The update went fine but the product is still not working.

The same issue appears with other applications as well, so no correlation with GarageBand.

WHAT ELSE COULD I DO? Before I return this plastic box to the shop and buy the Shure MVI.

Can anyone provide a solution?

These tools are supposed to save our time and not to engage us in never ending and desperate problem solving.

Thanks
Periscrivermi

Re: IRigProDuo does not work - iPadAir

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:01 am

That is not normal behavior - Issues like this should be reported to IK Support who will troubleshoot with you and resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bynezmartin » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:05 pm

I'm having the same exact issue right now and contacted support a few days ago and they still haven't responded to me. The product started out really good on my MacBook and then this started happening on both my iPhone and MacBook. If they don't get back to me soon, I'm gonna have to return it...
bynezmartin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:58 pm

bynezmartin wrote:I'm having the same exact issue right now and contacted support a few days ago and they still haven't responded to me. The product started out really good on my MacBook and then this started happening on both my iPhone and MacBook. If they don't get back to me soon, I'm gonna have to return it...

What is your ticket number? Please note that there may have been slight delays due to the holiday and weekend but that still seems abnormal an amount of time.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dloyd14 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:05 pm

I sent tech support a message to help fix my irig pro duo, have the same problem with the red light and malfunctions. I really want to start using this product as soon as I can.
Dloyd14

Postby Begleywes » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 am

Having the same issue with my studio xlr mic & pro duo, any word yet??
Begleywes

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Begleywes wrote:Having the same issue with my studio xlr mic & pro duo, any word yet??

Please open a ticket with support and they will assist you directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby edmund.w.snyder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:23 pm

According to the manual, the flashing 48V light is an indication that the internal AA batteries are low.
edmund.w.snyder

Postby ccara » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:08 am

Hi All, I just opened a ticket for the very same issue.

If I plug my guitar into my Irig pro duo (I am using ipad with garageband) everything works fine but as soon as I plug my IK Multimedia iRig NIC Studio XLR into Pro Duo, the Pro Duo starts flashing and what I see in garageband is a popup message saying that I need to presso on in order to activate the monitoring. When I click on, then the monitoring switches off and again and again. So I am not sure if it's the Pro Duo which is not working or if it's the microphone.
Any clue? I am still waiting for an answer but wanted to understand if someone has experienced the same issues.
Thanks
ccara

Postby malcolm9 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:32 pm

I have just posted a ticket for the exact same issue. I have tried two iPad Air 2's and an iPhone 6 and get the same results. I am using a Power Bridge, so it's unlikely to be a battery issue?

The Duo works perfectly via USB/laptop.

Has anyone had any feedback about this issue yet (particularly as this thread dates back to 2016)?
malcolm9

Postby ccara » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 am

Hi All,

I have solved the situation by connecting the Duo Pro to a 9V ac adapter and it now works like a charm.

Try with this solution and enjoy.

Cheers
ccara

Postby malcolm9 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:30 am

If this really is the solution to this seemingly common problem, surely a 9V power adaptor should be included with the package??? Not impressed - more cost.

Not only that, but it's now no longer a mobile device. Looks like I'll be sending it back. It has been suggested by IK Support that I update the firmware (on this brand new device), which I have done (but not tested yet).
malcolm9

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:32 pm

malcolm9 wrote:If this really is the solution to this seemingly common problem, surely a 9V power adaptor should be included with the package??? Not impressed - more cost.

Not only that, but it's now no longer a mobile device. Looks like I'll be sending it back. It has been suggested by IK Support that I update the firmware (on this brand new device), which I have done (but not tested yet).

That is the suggestion by another user, not the solution. IK Support has suggested a solution and if that does not work they will of course continue to work with you to resolve the issue you are experiencing.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby malcolm9 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 am

Suggestion or not, the firmware update did not work (as it didn't for another in this thread) yet the external 9V power supply did work.

I look forward to IK Support suggesting an alternative means of resolving this issue.
malcolm9

Postby Swannym » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 am

i have same problem with me and ipad pro. did some tests on pc and it works fine and the mic works on pc but has never worked on ipad pro. I changed batteries several times too. I was wondering if the ipad doesnt put out enough power to power the unit and a device so, even though it is the top of the range. I spent many dollars getting external power supply which was noisey and didn't work at all. Perhaps i didn't connect it properly. I will try this again.I have contacted ik Peter K, IK just keeps saying it is a warranty issue and go to the dealer. the dealer says it is not their problem or a warranty issue as it works with a pc. It seems a common problem and no solutions are offered. not good. Like you a lot of time has been spent trying to solve issue and no recording being done. Puts me off this brand entirely,
If anyone else has solved this issue can you let us know.
thanks!
Swannym

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories