irig pro duo 2 midi problem - SOLVED

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

irig pro duo 2 midi problem - SOLVED

Postby mail@amoore.de » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:19 am

below is the problem I had... now fixed with firmware update

service/support wrote: Please note, the iRig PRO DUO has recently had a firmware update released in your User Area -> Firmware section

The Problem:
every few minutes the midi stops working.

pro duo 2 connected to iPad via supplied lightning cable.
midi in from controller keyboard to irig Pro duo 2 with supplied cable.

after midi crash, the only way to restart is to either remove power from irig pro duo 2
or to disconnect, and then reconnect the lightning connector into the iPad

powering off the midi controller or disconnecting the midi to the irig Pro duo 2 has no effect.

midi just stops unpredictably; it's worrying - any thoughts?

thanks
Last edited by mail@amoore.de on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mail@amoore.de

Re: irig pro duo 2 midi problem

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear you are having troubles, that is not the expected behavior. I would recommend opening a ticket with IK Support if you haven't already done so so they can troubleshoot directly with you while you can also field any responses from the user community here. IK Support can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: irig pro duo 2 midi problem

Postby mail@amoore.de » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:48 pm

thanks, contacted them. could be a firmware issue. i'll post any fix that works up here.
mail@amoore.de

Re: irig pro duo 2 midi problem - SOLVED

Postby lukzzzzz » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi profamoore.
i got the same problem...
lukzzzzz

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:10 pm

lukzzzzz wrote:Hi profamoore.
i got the same problem...

Please report your issue to IK Support so they can troubleshoot with you specifically to diagnose. The link is in my previous post. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby duds66 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:00 am

Hello I have the same issue with my irig midi 2. I updated the firmware, but the issue occurs again. Did you find a fix ?

Duds
duds66

Postby zemuta » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:46 pm

I have the same problem , my irig pro duo is not working with ipad pro , neither midi or audio , audio is poping and midi has sane issue as describe above !!!!!! Any solution

Thanks Jose
zemuta

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Please report any technical issues to IK Support for direct technical assistance.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/rules.php -
This forum is not intended for direct company technical support. For support requests, please visit the IK Multimedia web site.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby efflux » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Same problem here. I have updated firmware. MIDI simply drops out when connected to ipad air. Product currently useless. Irig MIDI 2 has no such issue on the same iPad.
efflux

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:59 pm

efflux wrote:Same problem here. I have updated firmware. MIDI simply drops out when connected to iPad air. Product currently useless. Irig MIDI 2 has no such issue on the same iPad.

I know it can be frustrating when issues happen but I am sure IK Support can help you with this and they can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tristan.lorenzogarcia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:12 pm

i have a irig pro duo and samsung S7. The apps amplitube dont fonction.
what can i do?
thx
tristan.lorenzogarcia

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 pm

tristan.lorenzogarcia wrote:i have a irig pro duo and samsung S7. The apps amplitube dont fonction.
what can i do?
thx

Please let the tech support team know at mhttp://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... -hardware/ and they will be able to diagnose and resolve the issue. Thanks
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby duds66 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:11 am

It's it solved ? I'm not really sure.. 2 years I'm waiting for the solution.
duds66

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 pm

duds66 wrote:It's it solved ? I'm not really sure.. 2 years I'm waiting for the solution.

Firmware update resolved the issue for the original then read starter and others so yes. If you have an issue, I’m sure IK Support can help you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Swannym » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 am

HI Exactly same problem here with iPad Pro, were there any solutions that worked?
Sounds a common problem, come on IK.
Swannym

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories