iRig keys down't work on MAC

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig keys down't work on MAC

Postby autodafe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:47 am

i haven't been using my iRig Keys for a while.
today I decided to hook it up to my MAC and found out that it doesn't light up anymore...
Is a simple USB port enough to power it?
if it doesn't light up at all...faulty cable? whatever???
autodafe

Re: iRig keys down't work on MAC

Postby autodafe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:04 am

tested different cables and on a PC as well...nothing lights up..
autodafe

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm not sure what that could be but IK Support will be able to troubleshoot with you directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby autodafe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:13 pm

thx peter, that's what i did earlier today...
autodafe

Postby john182 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:48 am

Hi, autodafe . . .

Did you get a solution to your problem?

I ask because I had a similar issue to yours. The micro USB to USB cable from iRig Keys to Mac didn't light up the iRig Keys' USB LED. I'd had the iRig keyboard stored uncovered in a closet, so I tried the iOS Lightning to DIN connector with my iPhone to see if the problem was with the neglected iRig. The iOS LED lit on the iRig, and the keyboard subsequently worked fine with Sampletank iOS.

My initial problem was definitely the USB to USB micro cable.

A trip to the store and nine dollars later, the iRig Keys LED lit when connected with the Mac. Garageband recognized and recorded keystrokes from the iRig Keys. Happiness.

Then I exited Garageband and loaded SampleTank in standalone mode on the Mac.

SampleTank (3.3.0) didn't know the iRig Keys was there. The USB LED flashed when I pressed down keys, but neither sound nor fury came from SampleTank. (Desired sound and fury did happen when I clicked the little keys on the little keyboard at the bottom of the SampleTank window, but that was remarkably . . . uh . . . limiting.)

Ultimately, my problem (after replacing the cable) was solved by selecting 'iRig Keys' from the 'MIDI IN' dropdown in SampleTank's Settings menu. [ e.g.: Settings (Gear icon) -> Audio / MIDI tab -> MIDI IN ]

I hope your problem was (or is) as easily solved.
john182

Postby autodafe » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:21 am

yes, I tried several different cables and magically it started working...
autodafe

Postby lagerstrom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:02 pm

I had the same problem. Tried several cables. If you move the microusb input on the keyboard at least I noticed the light going on and off. I took some plyers and squeezed microusb plug slightly. Sticking it back will result in a tighter grip there. Problem fixed.
lagerstrom

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories