iRig Acoustic

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iRig Acoustic

Postby Stantheman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Don't quite understand!
Stantheman

Postby braguesa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:34 pm

braguesa

Postby Stantheman » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Thanks for the info but I liked the idea of the portable thing of using my iPhone and didn't want to use my MacBook Pro for gigging. Thought this was IK's idea as well. I have a similar device you suggested and will try. The problem seems to be the Amplitube Acoustic software. Thanks
Stantheman

Postby braguesa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:33 am

Have you tried using amplitube acoustic with audiobus and lowering input gain on audiobus itself?
Maybe distortion is caused by the hot mic signal.
braguesa

Postby Stantheman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:51 am

Hi Yes, I did this last night and it does work (was going to post today) but going through Amplitube Acoustic does seem to give a deeper richer sound. Hope the update doesn't take that away. Thanks again.
Stantheman

Postby deanesque » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:03 am

Can't you go out of audiobus and into iRig Acoustic?
deanesque

Postby Stantheman » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Yes I'm doing that now though doesn't give such a rich sound as straight into Amplitube Acoustic. Will have to adjust sound in the software to compensate. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Stantheman

Postby PeterDoubt » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Is there an acoustic amp available in the regular AmpliTube app? It would make so much more sense.
PeterDoubt

Postby braguesa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 am

Got my irig acoustic some days ago, made several tests and my conclusion is that you cannot get a decent tone out of it. You simply can't!
There's the analog connection limitation and the mic response is not even, or flat. Sound is too artificial and calibration messes all up...
Sorry for a so negative review.
braguesa

Postby TwoDaysOld » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 am

braguesa wrote:you cannot get a decent tone out of it. You simply can't! Sorry for a so negative review.

Exactly. I've come to the same conclusion. Also before I bought it I was thinking that the mike being attached right to the body of the guitar could produce problems and I was right. Better of with a good mike & a DAW.
TwoDaysOld

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Sorry to hear that you are unable to get a good sound from your setup with iRig Acoustic but it is unfair to say out of frustration over your particular trouble that is a global issue as there are many who are able to get excellent results. Our videos' guitar parts were also done using only iRig Acoustic and AmpliTube Acoustic, like this one:

If you'd like some direct guidance, our support team is here to help at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby braguesa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Excellent results are relative, it depends on your comparison sources. If you try a real microphone then you understand that this one is a toy not to be taken seriously. Sorry for beeing so negative, again, but I've seen this picture with other stuff like line6 sonicport vx that claims to have studio mic quality...
...sorry, is not true, when you are familiar with pro stuff you can tell that.
I was waiting this result with your device but wanted to give it a try.
braguesa

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:25 pm

braguesa wrote:Excellent results are relative, it depends on your comparison sources. If you try a real microphone then you understand that this one is a toy not to be taken seriously. Sorry for beeing so negative, again, but I've seen this picture with other stuff like line6 sonicport vx that claims to have studio mic quality...
...sorry, is not true, when you are familiar with pro stuff you can tell that.
I was waiting this result with your device but wanted to give it a try.

They are not relative, you can get excellent results with iRig Acoustic - many have and will continue to and to call it a toy because of your issues / unsatisfactory experience is quite insulting to those that do get great results.

iRig Acoustic is a microphone/interface that plugs into your mobile device and gets incredible results for mobile musicians. That's how it is sold and it is more than capable of that.

I also hope you weren't speaking directly to me with "when you are familiar with pro stuff" because I'm more than familiar...
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby braguesa » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 pm

I wonder why an analog connection when you know its limitations on ios?
braguesa

Postby braguesa » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Just ordered irig mic studio, I bet I'll like it way more.
:)
braguesa

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories