iRig Acoustic

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iRig Acoustic

Postby TwoDaysOld » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:35 pm

slook26 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
briandhughes wrote:I purchased the IRig Acoustic and works fine on my iPad with the Amplitube Acoustic app. I also can record to Auria using Audiobus. But what I would really like to do is take the output over to my Zoom R16 interface which has 1/4" input connector so I can record in my PC DAW.
My question is, Is this even possible and if so what cable or device can I use to do this?

Thanks
Brian

For sending the headphone output on any of our analog mobile interfaces (iRig 2, iRig Acoustic, iRig PRE, etc) you need to be sure to use a cable that will avoid feedback since you're sending a stereo output to a mono input. We have a specific cable in our iLine collection called Mono Output Adapter that was created for just this scenario: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iline/ (available as part of the whole kit or individually - you may also find it at local retailers).

Hi Peter: Could you possibly supply to Canada? Best Buy supplies your products but when I went to their website and put in (iLine - Mono Output Adapter) it says (This Item no Longer Available)

Check out Long-McQuade. They carry the cable you need:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/1657/Pro_A ... 6_foot.htm
TwoDaysOld

Postby slook26 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Thank you for that!
slook26

Re:IRig Acoustic

Postby levenkov35 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello there
I bought recently IRig acoustic and when I plugged it in my IPad Mini there were no sound at all.I don't know actually what's problem.Can you help me please?
BTW:my Amplitube registers inbuilt mic even when I plug IRig in
levenkov35

Postby levenkov35 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:01 pm

It started to register headset jack but still no sound
levenkov35

Postby soundog » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:01 pm

With the current out-of-the-box setup, I am also unable to get a usable recorded sound in my DAW. The MEMS microphone seems to be unable to handle louder guitar strumming, especially in the lower register. On my steel-string acoustic, plucking a G on the low E string seems to really distort. This occurs even when calibrating using the lowest input settings.

Some specs are provided for the MEMS in the manual, but none are provided for total harmonic distortion or acoustic overload point. With a MEM, if you exceed the overload point, it will be driven into digital distortion. And, if the microphone is unable to handle high sound pressure levels, then software band-aids may not help; turning down the input level via attenuation or eq will only have force having to turn up output, resulting in more noise.

I have 30 days to return the pickup, so am hoping some sort of app update comes before then so I can see if anything improves. In the meantime, I'm going to try to rig up a cable that will take direct output from the MEMS circuitry into a preamp and see what I can do with it for recording. I may also try it on some different instruments (dobro, steel guitar, mandolin) and see what sort of results I get. I'm not expecting too too much for $50, but I'd still like something useful.
soundog

Postby braguesa » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Tisi is my out-of-the-box test of the thing, direct recording without amplitube acoustic app:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nos4xBxBAFs
braguesa

Postby soundog » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:06 pm

The audio quality is very good (and nice playing, by the way). I have seen other good reviews on youtube with good recording quality. But others report having the same distortion problems I am experiencing. Is this related to guitar acoustics? Mic placement? Playing volumes? What you eat for breakfast? Karma?

I don't know yet.
soundog

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:04 pm

The best suggestion is to consult support if you are not getting the desired results and other users have not chimed in with suggestions/tips/tricks here. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tbarrett0 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 pm

How would I hook up an iRig Acoustic mic to use with an IK iLoud amplifier?
tbarrett0

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:21 pm

tbarrett0 wrote:How would I hook up an iRig Acoustic mic to use with an IK iLoud amplifier?

You would plug iRig Acoustic into your iOS device, run AmpliTube Acoustic, and then run a cable from iRig Acoustic's output into iLoud's input.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby soulbradda » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 am

I love the iRig Acoustic and the Amplitube Acoustic. But I have a problem with it after updating my ipad to iOS 9.3. I'm having no audio output. Checking the amplitube acoustic app's settings, I could see input activity. But not with the output. No output activity at all. Anyone experienced this? Thanks for the replies.
soulbradda

Postby alanreigh » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:22 pm

soulbradda wrote:I love the iRig Acoustic and the Amplitube Acoustic. But I have a problem with it after updating my iPad to iOS 9.3. I'm having no audio output. Checking the amplitube acoustic app's settings, I could see input activity. But not with the output. No output activity at all. Anyone experienced this? Thanks for the replies.

I have had the same issue. My fix is to turn on the app, unplug the cable from the iphone or ipad, and then reconnect the cable. This usually fixes it.
alanreigh

Re: iRig Acoustic body noise

Postby grahamsmith1403 » Sun May 13, 2018 3:02 pm

I've just got the iRig Acoustic to use with Amplitube Acoustic (IOS) on my Epiphone acoustic guitar. I went through the calibration and everything, and yes, it picks up the sounds from my guitar - ALL OF THEM - including every tap, scrape and creak from the guitar's body as I play. If my finger just touches the pick guard, that's picked up. As I rest the guitar on my knee it picks up and amplifies all the little creaks that the body of the guitar makes against my lap. I'm not happy, and I'm thinking of returning the unit and getting a mike instead. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there a solution? Have I got the input level too high, perhaps? Or should I play around with the tone controls on the Amplitube Acoustic app?
grahamsmith1403

Previous

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories