iRig Acoustic

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Acoustic

Postby TwoDaysOld » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:34 pm

When I heard about this new product I got a little excited! After experimenting for the last 3 days with it I must say I'm somewhat disappointed and am about to throw it in my box of other electronic equipment I'll never use.
The main reason I bought it was for recording. No matter what I do I can't get rid of a very low level of 'white noise'. I'm in a room that's completely quiet and even when the mic is suspended in the air off the the edge of a desk it's still there.
It sounds pretty good when I play through my amp but I can't get much volume due to feedback.
Anyone have any solutions? Thanks.
TwoDaysOld

Re: iRig Acoustic

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Any interface that plugs into the headphone jack is going to have some level of analog noise. That is unavoidable based on the design and how it connects to your device. If in the future IK makes a digital version (like iRig HD vs original iRig) you will not experience this expected behavior.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TwoDaysOld » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Thanks for getting back to me & letting me know why it's doing this.

I wish I would of known about this "expected behavior" before I forked out $50 for iRig Acoustic, $50 for shipping, $30 or so dollars for the exchange rate. Another $31 for the duty charge, another $20 for the app and oh yes $12 for a cable to hook it up to my amp.
TwoDaysOld

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I would report your feedback issue to support, that should not be as much of an issue with the appropriate cable which you state you purchased. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TwoDaysOld » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks again for getting back to me!

As for the appropriate cables, I have them.

I remember a few times I was trying to get certain things to work & I spent hours adjusting, fiddling and re-installing. Then a light came on & I thought do I have the volume up. Duh.
Well I just tried recording without a patch engaged & the FX off & the noise was reduced greatly. Could this be the problem?

Sorry about venting but I was so frustrated & out of patience. :oops:
TwoDaysOld

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:19 pm

No need to be sorry and yes it did appear to me that you have the right cables so the cable shouldn't be the cause of the feedback. You may want to report the exact patch and behavior to support to see if that has anything to do with it as you suspect. Thanks and I do hope it gets resolved so you can enjoy using iRig Acoustic and AmpliTube Acoustic to their fullest.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dom180985 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:54 pm

Got my iRig Acoustic today and it sounds fantastic already. Really looking forward to using it in recordings on the go and dive a bit deeper...
One thing that bums me quite a bit: Amplitube Acoustic crashes quite frequently. I bought the (****) expensive Tape Recorder add-on (27€) and recorded three tracks of guitar so far. The trouble is: if I want to select or arm another track than the one currently selected/armed, the app just crashes. Happens every time.
What's up with that? I'm using it on an iPad Air 2, so I don't think CPU resources are an issue...
dom180985

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:54 pm

dom180985 wrote:Got my iRig Acoustic today and it sounds fantastic already. Really looking forward to using it in recordings on the go and dive a bit deeper...
One thing that bums me quite a bit: Amplitube Acoustic crashes quite frequently. I bought the (****) expensive Tape Recorder add-on (27€) and recorded three tracks of guitar so far. The trouble is: if I want to select or arm another track than the one currently selected/armed, the app just crashes. Happens every time.
What's up with that? I'm using it on an iPad Air 2, so I don't think CPU resources are an issue...

Please report the crashing issue to IK Support and they will troubleshoot with you directly: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deanesque » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:56 pm

How do you connect it to an iRig HD Pro?
deanesque

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:58 pm

deanesque wrote:How do you connect it to an iRig HD Pro?

You do not connect iRig Acoustic to iRig PRO or iRig HD. It connects directly to your iOS device via the analog input (headphone jack). Full details are available at http://www.irigacoustic.com
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deanesque » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

You do not connect iRig Acoustic to iRig PRO or iRig HD. It connects directly to your iOS device via the analog input (headphone jack). Full details are available at http://www.irigacoustic.com

Won't there be feedback problems for live use?
deanesque

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:10 pm

deanesque wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

Won't there be feedback problems for live use?

AmpliTube Acoustic has a feedback control built into the app and if you calibrate iRig Acoustic with AmpliTube Acoustic you should be able to have good results live.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Stantheman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:39 am

After notifying IK about a distortion when medium strumming, I had this reply.

We are aware of this issue. This does not occur with all acoustic guitars.
Our development team is looking into this, and we expect this will be addressed in a future update for AmpliTube Acoustic.
Please keep an eye on the UPDATES section of the App Store for this new, free update.

Anyone else have this problem? All settings were correct and no where near clipping and tried two different guitars! The mike seems fine if guitar not played too loud. A bit frustrating!
Stantheman

Postby neilwarden » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:01 am

Yes I had this exact problem, tried everything even a replacement.
neilwarden

Postby braguesa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:06 pm

What about some kind of analog to digital preamp adapter instead of an HD version of the irig acoustic mic?
braguesa

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories