iRig PRE adapter to 1/4?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig PRE adapter to 1/4?

Postby Fastcars881 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Hello! I recently bought an iRig PRE to use with my iPad. I debated getting the iRig mic, but since I already have a mic, I decided to opt for this. Well as usual, I didn't do enough research because this PRE has an XLR for the mic input and my mic has a 1/4 inch guitar cable type plug. I've been googling around for awhile and cant find an adapter that will help. Anybody have a solution? If I cant find anything I may return this and opt for a different device. Any help appreciated... Thanks!
Fastcars881

Re: iRig PRE adapter to 1/4?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Currently, we do not have a recommendation on a specific adapter for this use. However, you should be able to find a 1/4" TRS Female to XLR Male adapter on Amazon, SweetWater, or at your local music store.

If for some reason you can't seem to find one of these adapters, check out the iRig HD. This device will allow you to insert your 1/4" Microphone connection straight into your iOS device and still have some gain control.

For more information on the iRig HD, check out the link below:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Fastcars881 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Currently, we do not have a recommendation on a specific adapter for this use. However, you should be able to find a 1/4" TRS Female to XLR Male adapter on Amazon, SweetWater, or at your local music store.

If for some reason you can't seem to find one of these adapters, check out the iRig HD. This device will allow you to insert your 1/4" Microphone connection straight into your iOS device and still have some gain control.

For more information on the iRig HD, check out the link below:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd/

Thanks for the lightning fast response!! I will look some more for an adapter now that I know what to search for! Thanks again...
Fastcars881

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Hello again,

Glad to hear we could help.

We hope you enjoy using all of your IK Multimedia products.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Fastcars881 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Oh yes, I love all this stuff! Me and a lot of my musical friends have the iRig, iRig pro, amplitube, etc... (By the way I found the adapter and already ordered it!) :D
Fastcars881

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Awesome! Hope your adapter comes soon so you can enjoy using your iRig PRE.

We would like to thank you for your comments and feedback, we hope you and all of your friends enjoy using our products!
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Gageplayforyou » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi, I have the iRig and use it with mics regularly. I bought an adaptor to use 1/4 inch cables and can’t get any sound to come through in GarageBand. I individually troubleshot all components and they all are functioning. Is there something I’m missing? Does it require batteries with a guitar cable?

Thanks
Gage
Gageplayforyou

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Gageplayforyou wrote:Hi, I have the iRig and use it with mics regularly. I bought an adaptor to use 1/4 inch cables and can’t get any sound to come through in GarageBand. I individually troubleshot all components and they all are functioning. Is there something I’m missing? Does it require batteries with a guitar cable?

Thanks
Gage

iRig Pre expects XLR mic input but the 1/4" is line level input so any adapter would need to provide line level in order to have any chance to work.

If you are sure you have the correct adapter, please consult IK Support who can troubleshoot directly and with more detail at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they'll get you sorted. Thanks!
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Gageplayforyou » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Gageplayforyou wrote:Hi, I have the iRig and use it with mics regularly. I bought an adaptor to use 1/4 inch cables and can’t get any sound to come through in GarageBand. I individually troubleshot all components and they all are functioning. Is there something I’m missing? Does it require batteries with a guitar cable?

Thanks
Gage

iRig Pre expects XLR mic input but the 1/4" is line level input so any adapter would need to provide line level in order to have any chance to work.

If you are sure you have the correct adapter, please consult IK Support who can troubleshoot directly and with more detail at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they'll get you sorted. Thanks!

Hi, what is line level? I merely followed the instructions provided to the person who originally started this topic.
Gageplayforyou

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm

From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories