No output signal from new iRig 2 device

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

No output signal from new iRig 2 device

Postby stikkman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Just arrived yesterday and have been tearing my hair out trying to get it to record w the default Camera app on my iPhone X, the Quicktime Player app on my Macbook, and the stock Camera app on my Android device. Even fails to show a signal when trying to record via the iRig Recorder app? Is there another way I can test to see if an outbound signal is coming from my iRig2 to my recording device? Mix in from my instrument and the audio of a song playing on my iPhone seem to route through OK via iRig but I can't record it any of it? ;-(
stikkman

Re: No output signal from new iRig 2 device

Postby stikkman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:10 pm

OK, I think I figured it out. Looks like you have to use a different phone/media player than the one connected to iRig as the iPhone Camera app only records the drum audio from iRig and not the song audio from iTunes if you attempt to run both apps from the same phone. You can mix the audio from the secondary phone w the kit sounds on the drum module and send that signal through iRig which gets recorded as the video audio in the iPhone Camera app just fine.
stikkman

Postby stikkman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 pm

But still having troubles w an intermittent or no signal routing out from my new iRig 2 unit to my iPhone. Have to wiggle cables, reinsert cables, etc to send to my iPhone or have reliable output to my speaker. Purchased through Amazon so going to request a replacement.
stikkman

Postby toolbox » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 am

I have same problem. It’s like the cable doesn’t set in the socket unless you really jam it in there
toolbox

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:42 pm

toolbox wrote:I have same problem. It’s like the cable doesn’t set in the socket unless you really jam it in there

That is not normal behavior. Please report this to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stikkman » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Thanks, Peter. Happy to report that the replacement iRig 2 I just received from Amazon is working great - yeah - finally - fun stuff!!
stikkman

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 pm

stikkman wrote:Thanks, Peter. Happy to report that the replacement iRig 2 I just received from Amazon is working great - yeah - finally - fun stuff!!

Nice!!! Start (and/or keep) rockin!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories