Problems with iOS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Problems with iOS

Postby d_davis33@yahoo.com » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:16 pm

Has anyone run into issues getting their iRig devices to work correctly on iOS... specifically iOS 13?

I have an iRig Pro I/O. Works perfectly fine in my MacBook Pro but not on any iOS devices. Tried 2 different iPad minis and an iPhone, all running iOS 13 and none of them work. By that I mean, it's not detecting my guitar signal. When I first connect my guitar the input meters change to green orange, etc but then after a few seconds revert to the blinking blue light and no incoming signal is detected in amplitube. I have been in contact with their customer support but they haven't been able to resolve. Help!
d_davis33@yahoo.com

Re: Problems with iOS - RESOLVED

Postby d_davis33@yahoo.com » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:29 pm

:cry: UPDATE

I have resolved this problem and posting in case any one else runs into this problem.

I "think" the problem was due to using a headphone with built in microphone. To recap the issue, iRig was not detecting my incoming guitar signal only on iOS devices. MacBook was working fine. I read on another thread that using headphones w/built in mic could cause the iRig to use the headphone mic as the input instead of the guitar. Well sure enough, after uninstalling amplitube and midi guitar on my iPad and removing the batteries from the iRig (as a way of "resetting the iRig", then reinstalling the audio software, everything worked and the problem was fixed.

The part I still don't understand was why this input setting was retained and seemed to replicate with multiple iOS devices I tested but it was not retained for my MacBook (Mac OS.) The MacBook always worked fine. Perhaps this setting is persistently stored per O/S? Nonetheless, the problem is resolved.
d_davis33@yahoo.com

Re: Problems with iOS

Postby ant4man » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm

this is good information but im still having the issue with using my Iphone. I can use my camera, but I can not live stream via Facebook, or IG. Help!!!!!
ant4man

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 pm

ant4man wrote:this is good information but im still having the issue with using my Iphone. I can use my camera, but I can not live stream via Facebook, or IG. Help!!!!!

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Best suggestion would be to contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct and official technical support. I'm sure they can get you all sorted out. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ant4man » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:02 am

Good News!!!!! I was able to figure it out with the help of the IK help forum... The issue was I need to enable background audio so that IG and Facebook could work. im good now
ant4man

Postby thewangstory » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:17 pm

I cannot find the option to enable background sound. Even within the Recorder LE app, I cannot change any settings, it's all locked down. Please help.
thewangstory

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories