Possible to use ARC2 "outside" DAW?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Possible to use ARC2 "outside" DAW?

Postby rwaldron » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:18 am

era.mikkola wrote:
Check this -> https://www.menubus.audio

Looks great! I'll try it.
Thanks for the info.
rwaldron

Postby era.mikkola » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:30 pm

OK – after first hour I am impressed and waiting for problems to come. LOL.
Very easy to install and use, it is always up there :)
Nothing but awesomeness yet. The room is so much better with ARC (I am new with it).

Couple of notes what changes in my workflow:
1) ARC should be always ON when listening on monitors and OFF when having headphones.
2) On eg T-racks you can use internal ARC with the same results (still have to remember put OFF when bouncing)
3) Next gonna mix couple of songs and see how they are turning.

NICE for both MenuBus and the ARC. Cheers!

EDIT: On T-racks I had to route the signal to MenuBus. No more tweaks.
era.mikkola

Postby MiloJoki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Yes with Audio HiJack.
MiloJoki

Postby willynanita » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:33 pm

sharke wrote:I have managed to get this working, so that I can listen to all of my computer's audio through ARC2. You have to use 2 programs - Virtual Audio Cable (which costs $25 without support, $35 with basic support, $50 with "extended" support) and Pedalboard2 (which is free).

VAC is a little complicated but if you read the "getting started" section of the manual you'll be able to figure it out (I had a little trial and error). Pedalboard2 hosts VST's.

So when I want to listen to Spotify or YouTube or Netflix etc through ARC2, this is my procedure:

1) In the Windows sound settings, I set VAC as the default audio device
2) I launch VAC
3) I launch Pedalboard2, in which I've already set up ARC2 and saved it as the default.

In Pedalboard2 you have to specify VAC as the audio input and your interface as the audio output. I think the first time I ran VAC I had to run another app called Audio Repeater to get it started (it's in the manual) but I don't have to do that anymore.

Of course when I'm working with my DAW, I set my interface as the default audio device again so that I can host ARC in the DAW as usual.

Sorry if this is a little vague - I really don't know enough about the specifics of VAC to understand exactly what's going on, but all I know is that despite this I was able to get it to work fairly easily and I can now play ALL of my computer's audio (no matter what the source) through ARC2. And it sounds freaking amazing!

Hello! I am new to ARC and I would like to use it on all my system sounds as well.

I installed both apps but I haven't been able to load VAC as a sound input in pedalboard2, it gives an error (error when trying to open audio device!).

Also, in VAC I can't start the audio repeater function, because it says cannot open audio device.

Can you post a screenshot of your settings in VAC or the procedure you used to make it work?

Best Regards,
Willy.
willynanita

Postby pat1763 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Reviving this old thread...

I have some difficulties to re-link ARC2 plug-in under Reaper, so this topic interests me a lot.

I am working under OS X, and I have noted the Audio Hijack solution. The same company is now offering SoundSource at a better price. Will it do the trick?

For those of you who have used either software from Rogue Amoeba, is the ARC2 plug-in installation straightworward?

Thanks a lot for sharing your view and experience! ;)
pat1763

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools