A Way to never have to bypass ARC

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: A Way to never have to bypass ARC

Postby bigjase » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:55 pm

brianbane wrote:For a Windows equivalent, try Virtual Audio Cables or Total Recorder.

Can you clarify how I can use Arc with these programs. I have tried them but there is no standalone version of Arc I can see that I can use with it. Is there another piece of software needed.

Cheers,

Jason
Winows 7 64bit, Cubase 5 64bit, i7 with 6GB RAM.
IK Plugs: Amplitube 3, Hendrix, Metal, Fender, Ampeg, Sample Tank XL, Sonik Synth, Microslav Philharmonik, CSR, ARC & T Racks 3.

Bring on Amplitube droidRIG please!!!! We don't all subscribe to iCORP!!
bigjase

Postby eblue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Instead of placing ARC as a plugin on my master bus, I place it on it's own bus (I name it Monitors) which then goes out to my monitors. I then send my master bus to the bus name Monitors. Whenever I mixdown I just export all audio from the master bus instead of the bus containing ARC. So far I've had success using this setup on Pro Tools 9 and SONAR X1.

-e.B
eblue

Postby lukebredin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for that info. I am going to try this in Logic pro 9.

Cheers
T-Racks CS | ARC2 | AT3, Slash, Fender, Hedrix, Ampeg | ST2XL, Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonik Synth, Sample Moog | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 -16GB Ram | Mac OS X 10.9.1 | Logic Pro X | Certified Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
lukebredin

Postby lukebredin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 am

A little update, it is not so easy to do this in Logic Pro as the master channel doesn't have bus sends on it. I am going to look and have a play in the Environment (the engine of Logic) when I have some more time and find a way to modify the master output channel to have bus sends or to route all the audio to a aux channel. Maybe I could even make two master channels, anyway I won't know until I get into it. I will update the thread once I have sorted out how to do it in Logic.

Thanks for the info and the ideas! :D
T-Racks CS | ARC2 | AT3, Slash, Fender, Hedrix, Ampeg | ST2XL, Miroslav Philharmonic, Sonik Synth, Sample Moog | iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 -16GB Ram | Mac OS X 10.9.1 | Logic Pro X | Certified Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
lukebredin

Postby ericzang » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm

bigjase wrote:
brianbane wrote:For a Windows equivalent, try Virtual Audio Cables or Total Recorder.

Can you clarify how I can use Arc with these programs. I have tried them but there is no standalone version of Arc I can see that I can use with it. Is there another piece of software needed.

Cheers,

Jason

I would like to know more about this too.
This is working for me now though - I have ARC running as a vst plugin on my media player: http://www.foobar2000.org/
The vst is an external add on ("component"):
http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html
ericzang

Postby danybelladone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:12 am

Hi,
are you guys @IKM planning to release a standalone software for ARC2????
I must admit I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet, so frustrating to have to use soundflower/hijack for a complete treatment...
danybelladone

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:30 pm

danybelladone wrote:Hi,
I must admit I don't understand why it hasn't been done yet, so frustrating to have to use soundflower/hijack for a complete treatment...

We have passed along the suggestion but at this time ARC System is a tool built for use in mixing/mastering and inside your DAW or similar program as a plugin.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Luang » Wed May 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi , I'm a newbie here. it's my 4th day with ARC2 ,i like it a lot and very impressed with the translated result :o How ever, i've heard you guys here talking about using audio hijack+soundflower in combination. Can anyone tell me the instruction or the way to use these together in more detail ? Hope this could makes life much easier.

Thanks Luang
Luang

Postby glewan » Fri May 30, 2014 6:25 pm

lukebredin wrote:A little update, it is not so easy to do this in Logic Pro as the master channel doesn't have bus sends on it. I am going to look and have a play in the Environment (the engine of Logic) when I have some more time and find a way to modify the master output channel to have bus sends or to route all the audio to a aux channel. Maybe I could even make two master channels, anyway I won't know until I get into it. I will update the thread once I have sorted out how to do it in Logic.

Thanks for the info and the ideas! :D

This is actually pretty easy to do in Logic Pro 9 if you have an interface with more than one set of stereo outs.

Route all of your final audio to a bus (call it mix bus for now) instead of the Stereo Output Channel (which has the bounce button on it). Set the output of the mix bus to the Stereo Output, and create a send to an Aux Channel (call it ARC Aux for now). Add ARC as an insert on the ARC Aux channel, and set the output of the ARC Aux to a different set of outputs from the stereo output. So, if the stereo output is using outs 1&2, then route the output of the ARC Aux channel to 3&4.

Connect your monitors to outputs 3&4. This way you will always hear ARC working, even during bounces, but the bounce will be unaffected because the output of the ARC Aux is not routed to the bounce channel.
glewan

Postby daslicht » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:41 am

The thing about AudioHigh jack is that it induce a relativ high latency.

For example if I set up my Live to be able to play Ableton Push with 3 ms Latency it feels like 25 after running trough AudioHijack.

Soundflower is much more efficient but kind of fragile to setup.

It would be lovely if IKMultimedia would create a System Plugin which Natively hooks into OSX
daslicht

Postby daslicht » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:42 am

danybelladone wrote:Hi,

+1 A kind of global System Plugin would be lovely :)
daslicht

Postby antaisce » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm

ARC 2 is really nice, but a standalone version or a good workaround is needed. People COMPARE while mixing, so this is an important issue. It would be great, if we could have an update and thanks for passing it along!
antaisce

Postby imdrecordings » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:59 am

What error message do you get when closing AudioHijack Pro, using ARC and have you reported it to IK?

datastream wrote:Today I installed Audio Hijack Pro. It allows me to install the ARC plugin in an effects slot and to route all system audio through it. My Logic output(post bounce), finder playback through preview, iTunes, youtube, EVERYTHING. I'll never have to remember to bypass ARC again or try to explain why the mix sounds different in my studio when I play it back outside of Logic or if my client wants to hear the bounce in realtime.
imdrecordings

Postby jrhager84 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:07 pm

It's really annoying having to bypass when bouncing, especially when you bounce and check on other speakers, only to go '****! I forgot to bypass ARC!'

PLEASE just code in an auto-bypass during bounce option. Please?
jrhager84

Postby stevegalante » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:00 pm

+10000 !!!!
stevegalante

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools