A Way to never have to bypass ARC

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: A Way to never have to bypass ARC

Postby era.mikkola » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:20 am

I found this today. Going to give it a try, looks no hassle installation but no idea how reliable it is. Let's see :)

https://www.menubus.audio
era.mikkola

Postby bwademusic » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:05 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in Cubase it's installed in the control room but the export mix does not hit the ARC if it's installed there.
I'm new to Logic but before this idea presented in this thread where did you guys insert the ARC plug in? And did you just have to turn it off when bouncing? I guess that would be a recipe for "Did I turn the darn thing off" So I take it Logic pro x has no equivalent for control room? (I think that's what it's called but I'm not at my work computer right now.
bwademusic

Postby garkel102105 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:52 pm

In Studio One 4.6 Pro, I create a pre- main bus that all channels runs through, which goes to the main, built in 2 bus. In the main bus, I put ARC 3 and nothing else, then deselect the render main inserts effects option, never have to turn off or worry about correction being left on with this setup.
garkel102105

Postby bwademusic » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:19 pm

garkel102105 wrote:In Studio One 4.6 Pro, I create a pre- main bus that all channels runs through, which goes to the main, built in 2 bus. In the main bus, I put ARC 3 and nothing else, then deselect the render main inserts effects option, never have to turn off or worry about correction being left on with this setup.

Hi..thanks for that. I'm up on Logic pro x yet (still using Cubase as main Daw) but what are you referring to when you say "deselect the render main inserts effects option" Does that mean that while listening you hear the eq setting of ARC but when outputting your mix it isn't passing through it? and how does it do this? sorry man..this is likely elementary but I'm just not familiar with that daw yet to know how you don't have to turn it off...I know how it works in cubase...it's 2 different listening environments but don't quite see what your saying...thanks for your response ahead of time...Brett
bwademusic

Postby garkel102105 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:27 pm

yeah, you hear the eq correction of ARC when you're mixing, S1 has an option of including the effects in the master 2 bus, or not including them when you bounce, so if you select not including them, it will bypass whatever effects are in there while bouncing.
garkel102105

Postby bwademusic » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:10 am

Thanks very much...that's a cool option
bwademusic

Postby ritchie69 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:36 pm

MenuBus is no longer for sale, a similar app from the same developer (now working for rogueAmoeba, the same company that sell hijack pro) is Soundsource, a simple app for routing the whole System audio into it, and there’s a slot for component plugin like Arc.
I just purchased and installed and it works flawlessy!! No other installation needed (like soundflower).
ritchie69

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools