ARC 3 Green and Orange Curves (Before and After Correction)

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 3 Green and Orange Curves (Before and After Correction)

Postby Torchlight524 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:36 pm

I am trying to understand exactly what the GREEN, before correction curves represent. For instance, when I see the green curves peak at +8 dB over the zero line at 65 Hz, is ARC 3 telling me that my control room is boosting or hyping that frequency, causing me to cut that frequency when mixing? Or is it telling me that it boosted +8 dB at 65 Hz to compensate for an 8 dB cut the room is making? I know that whatever it's doing is supposed to be making the room closer to being flat, but I want to understand exactly what the green curves are implying. Having said that, the ORANGE curves represent the correction. If the ORANGE curve is at +2 dB over the zero line 65 Hz, does that mean that despite the correction, my control room is still boosting +2dB @ 65 Hz which would cause me to still slightly cut what I am hearing at 65 Hz? Just want to understand what I am looking at instead of blindly trusting what ARC 3 has done to correct the room deficiencies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Torchlight524

Re: ARC 3 Green and Orange Curves (Before and After Correcti

Postby Torchlight524 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:42 am

I think I have this figured out now. The green curves show you what your room was doing to the sound. So if you have a green curve with a 5 dB boost at 60 Hz that means that you are hearing a room generated 5 dB boost that really isn't there. If the correction (orange curves) shows a 1 dB boost at 50 Hz then even after correction, the room is still boosting 50 Hz by 1 dB. And that should be taken into account when mixing.
Torchlight524

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools