ARC4.0.0 broken with SoundSource :(

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC4.0.0 broken with SoundSource :(

Postby nikolai » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:18 pm

I was very much hoping to use ARC4 as an AU plugin with SoundSource to correct system-wide audio on Mac, but after testing the demo and as reported by others, it appears completely broken when using with SoundSource other than being able to switch the correction button on/off.....which kind of sucks after 21 measurements :shock:

I'm sincerely hoping this is just a coincidence and not deliberate crippling because IK happens to also be selling a system-wide hardware solution. I'd rather a/avoid another conversion stage and clutter around the place and b/avoid spending the extra money.

fingers crossed :mrgreen:
nikolai

Re: ARC4.0.0 broken with SoundSource :(

Postby nikolai » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:23 pm

No input from anyone IK-related?
If IK have decided to block use of SoundSource or other apps that facilitate system-wide use of ARC4 as a plugin that's fine, would just be nice to know.
Thanks
nikolai

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 pm

This is not a technical support forum. Since no other users have chimed in with suggestions, your best bet would be to seek direct official technical support from the IK Support team via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw

Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nikolai » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:35 pm

Aha ok, thanks for the heads-up, I'll do that.
Much appreciated.
nikolai

Postby nikolai » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

Peter_IK wrote:This is not a technical support forum. Since no other users have chimed in with suggestions, your best bet would be to seek direct official technical support from the IK Support team via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw

Thank you

Update: I heard back from IK and apparently their engineers were able to reproduce this. It doesn't appear to be by design [mod redacted - unnecessary, and please review the rules of the forum when posting]
nikolai

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools