ARC Studio 4 VST and Hardware Double Up

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC Studio 4 VST and Hardware Double Up

Postby kelly_craven » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:04 pm

I just got ARC4 hardware, mic, and software and have it up and running, complete with a quick and easy 7 point calibration. Took all of 20 minutes to get it all done and would have been less if I hadn't pulled out one of the cables going to the speaking by mistake thinking I'd needed to replace it. This whole process was VERY simple.

I'm a little confused as to how to actually use this in my pretty normal studio setup. It's newbie day in the studio. Forgive the (very) dumb questions, ponderings.

Since the calibration was done via ARC System 4 Analysis, and it's in hardware, is there any reason to use the ARC System 4 Standalone or the ARC 4 VST at all?

I think the answer is YES, and the further part is that I should use one other the other and never both?

Without one or the other, I'm not hearing correction even when the correction button is pushed.....unless....

......Once I've open ARC Standalone, selected the saved calibration in the Measurement drop down list, and stored it BACK to the hardware where it was read from when Standalone was first run, ONLY then it seems to be back in the hardware where it came from in the first place and is audible?

Afte this step the hardware is remembering measurements and making the studio monitors sound VERY different. VERY much clearer.

This is what is a bit confusing. It's in the hardware, yet I need to sync it to the PC and store it back or isn't not working.

See why this is a newbie dumb question? Did I answer my own questions?
kelly_craven

Re: ARC Studio 4 VST and Hardware Double Up

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:43 am

You use ARC 4 software to take the measurements and then you would load those into the hardware while it is connected to your computer. After that you don't use the standalone or plugin, you would use the hardware for the correction (your speakers should be attached to the ARC Studio hardware).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools