ARC 4 woofer resonance

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC 4 woofer resonance

Postby marcky » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:58 am

Hi,
i'm having an issue with the ARC 4 correction applied in both linear and natural phase, this is happening in all correction types: the speakers woofer is going in resonance and sounds distorted at medium volume. When i switch off the correction the issue is not present. I'm a **another correction tool** long time user and i've never had any issue before.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you
marcky

Re: ARC 4 woofer resonance

Postby Dave030 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:13 pm

I'm having the exact same problem over here. Does anyone know anything about this?
Dave030

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:43 pm

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you reported your issue to IK Support? They would be able to take a look and give you direct and official technical support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby marcky » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:21 pm

Hi,
i've contacted the support but they didn't help so much. I think this issue is related to the amount of correction the software applies in order to achieve the flat response and this is heavily related to the room, every room need its specific correction.

In my case the correction made my woofers working so hard and even without being in clip at medium volume started the distortion. So in order to prevent damages to the speakers i decided to return the ARC Studio.

This issue has never happened with other DRC softwares before, never heard distortiona or too much movement in the woofers even at much higher volume. It's not an issue related to the headroom of the ARC hardware because it also happens with the ARC 4 plugin in the DAW. I think the software needs some fix in the filter execution method.
marcky

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:00 pm

Please continue to reply to support if they haven't resolved your issue or haven't sent the issue to devs if they were able to identify a specific bug.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:08 pm

Reminder for all: Please review the rules before posting in the forum.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dave030 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:35 pm

The Problem for me was that you could hear the signal of the measuring mic on my speakers while measuring. I forgot to turn it off. That created a false analysis which led to the distortion. If you're having the same problem: don't be like me, check the signal! :)
Dave030

Postby marcky » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:19 am

Hi Dave, so you haven't disabled the monitoring for the mic in your audio interface right? Ok that not was my issue though :( thank you anyway!
marcky

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools