ARC Analysis Software Won't Open on Mac Studio

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC Analysis Software Won't Open on Mac Studio

Postby jonmenager » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm

Hello,

Super bummed. Got this and was super excited to set it up. Got the whole thing installed and connected and I went to calibrate the system and the ARC 4 Analysis Software won't launch. Just keeps bouncing in the dock and says "Application Not Responding".

I am currently trying to run this on my Mac Studio with Sonoma 14.3.1. Fully updated. Also fully updated the ARC Studio hardware to latest firmware. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting the computer, etc. Nothing works. Cannot launch analysis software to calibrate to room.

Is anyone else having this issue? What can I do? So weird, but pretty upset as I set aside some time today to get this set up, and now I have a nice $300 paperweight. :(
jonmenager

Re: ARC Analysis Software Won't Open on Mac Studio

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:26 pm

That is strange for sure. Have you opened a ticket with IK Support? I'm sure they can troubleshoot with you and figure out what is going on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonmenager » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:38 pm

I have. Just waiting for them to reply with some assistance which hopefully happens soon although they mention it could be several days.

I've also tried a few more uninstalls and re-installs, as well as rebooting my computer a few more times. Still nothing. Pretty upsetting. :/
jonmenager

Postby jonmenager » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:05 pm

SOLVED: I figured out what was causing this issue.

For me, it was because I had a webcam plugged into my Mac Studio. Despite setting up microphone settings, adjusting to my audio interface, granting proper microphone access to ARC, etc. for some reason the program was freezing or getting confused due to my webcam with a microphone being plugged in.

Once I unplugged the webcam and restarted my computer, ARC 4 Analysis loaded perfectly and I was able to run the analysis and sync it to my hardware. I've since plugged the webcam back in and have no issues, though will likely need to unplug again if I need to do another analysis.

Wanted to leave this comment here in case anyone else was having the same issue. Maybe this is something that can be fixed or addressed in an update?

Thanks!
jonmenager

Postby chris1969 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:57 pm

This was super helpful. I had the same problem and after plugging out my webcam, ARC Analysis would start and work with no issues!
chris1969

Postby Assury » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 am

Hi!
Please Help
I have the same problem, I use MacBook Pro m3 Max Sonoma 14.4.1. and ARC Studio hardware to latest firmware, Nothing works. Cannot launch analysis software to calibrate to room.
Assury

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm

Assury wrote:Hi!
Please Help
I have the same problem, I use MacBook Pro m3 Max Sonoma 14.4.1. and ARC Studio hardware to latest firmware, Nothing works. Cannot launch analysis software to calibrate to room.

Sorry to hear that, please report your issue to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw and they will assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Assury » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:23 pm

Thank you. I contacted them today, hoping for an answer and solution to the problem as soon as possible
Assury

Postby Assury » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:50 pm

Hi!

I received help from Ik multimedia support.

I deleted all the program files ( IK Multimedia ) from the system macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, and then installed the programs again. Then I have the file Analysis Results folder inside your Documents .
I'm very happy about that.
Assury

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools