ARC STUDIO - problem

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: ARC STUDIO - problem

Postby Snooopy65 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You should try the ARC 4 software demo as this may not happen for you, there are many ARC Studio / ARC 4 users running without issue. The demo would allow you to test on your specific system, if it works well you can confidently purchase ARC Studio.

Thank you very much Peter IK for your reply.
But,... Since we go into the ARC box with a analog signal without delay, and we leave this box, still in analog and a delay problem has been added, how could the problem be dependent on a specific system?

It seems that many people don't have a problem, simply because they didn't notice it.

In any case, I look forward to hearing whether this problem has been resolved.
The Arc Studio interests me very much, but... I admit that, right away, I am not convinced by the "system dependent" argument.
Snooopy65

Postby Snooopy65 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:53 pm

rosiez97 wrote:As of right now 3.20.24. the problem has not benn resolved. I havent heard anything from support so i will be reaching back out. I'll post if i have any news.

Thank you !
Snooopy65

Postby rosiez97 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Still have not heard back from Support. and I will add as snoopy65 stated. It is very easy to "Not Hear" this problem. Its tricky. and by moving the high pass filter, i can change how much i hear the delay and even get rid of it. its only a work around. I would really love to see this addressed.
rosiez97

Postby Moschus » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:48 pm

Snooopy65 is absolutely right. Of course, the problems have *nothing* to do with the computer system used if the problems arise on the ARC Studio hardware itself. I'm also willing to bet that the problem exists on every box, only that the users haven't noticed it yet because it only becomes obvious in certain settings. For my part, however, I expect that all "possible" settings work without artifacts, and not just those that are provided as "default" by the manufacturer.
Moschus

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:49 pm

Respectfully, OP states they have the problem in ARC 4 software too per their own words in the initial post:
it only occurs in Arc 4 vst and when I upload Arc studio to the device.

(emphasis mine)

Also, if you've opened a ticket and have been waiting longer than you feel necessary (they usually respond withing a couple of business days) please note we do have guidelines posted about what to do in these situations but basically you can send your ticket number here or via PM and it will be forwarded to a supervisor.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby harrytarlton » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 pm

I have the issue where I'm getting a repeating low end echo when I have the low cutoff set below a certain range both in natural and linear mode. I'm not using the hardware and the issue is both in cubase 12 pro and in standalone using Sonnox Listenhub for system wide
harrytarlton

Postby rosiez97 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:34 pm

I received this from Support:

"We have discovered in some very rare situations, when intense low frequency correction is applied, a very small misbehavior which can occur in the correction filter applied by ARC 4. Don't worry, this is not an expected result. We are working on a solution to be released shortly.

In the meantime, to reduce or eliminate the behavior, you can reduce the amount of bass correction applied. This can be done in a couple of ways. The first is to use the EDIT page to roll off some of the very low end frequency correction. Another is to re-do the calibration, making sure you listening level matching your average mixing level"

So there on it and hope for a fix soon.
rosiez97

Postby kegn51@gmail.com » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:48 am

There is also the problem with the plugin.
Nothing but the curve is saved in the presets.
This makes it impossible to use two instance of
the arc 4 plugin (in cubase contrrol room) for two
sets of speakers.

This was not so with the arc 3 plugin.
kegn51@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:21 pm

kegn51@gmail.com wrote:There is also the problem with the plugin.
Nothing but the curve is saved in the presets.
This makes it impossible to use two instance of
the arc 4 plugin (in cubase contrrol room) for two
sets of speakers.

This was not so with the arc 3 plugin.

Please report the issue you are having to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ and they will happily assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rezasadeghimusic » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:16 pm

Same problem here. I hear a tiny repeat after the stop of what I am playing. I hear the repeat whether it is playing from DAW or any other players.
I will try to submit the issue.
rezasadeghimusic

Postby rezasadeghimusic » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 pm

I just submitted the issue to the support team and waiting for a reply.
rezasadeghimusic

Postby rezasadeghimusic » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:16 pm

I have got this response from the support:
Hello reza,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

We have discovered in some very rare situations, when intense low frequency correction is applied, a very small misbehavior which can occur in the correction filter applied by ARC 4. Don't worry, this is not an expected result. We are working on a solution to be released shortly.

In the meantime, to reduce or eliminate the behavior, you can reduce the amount of bass correction applied. This can be done in a couple of ways. The first is to use the EDIT page to roll off some of the very low end frequency correction. Another is to re-do the calibration, making sure you listening level matching your average mixing level.
rezasadeghimusic

Postby rosiez97 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:23 pm

Yea, this is the same response i got back on 3.26.24 which i posted here.
Hoping for a fix soon.
rosiez97

Previous

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools