ARC STUDIO - problem

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC STUDIO - problem

Postby narwi88 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:52 pm

Hi! When I'm listening to a kick or a sine wave and it suddenly stops playing, I hear the delay of that sound. There is no such problem in Arc 3, it only occurs in Arc 4 vst and when I upload Arc studio to the device. As if ARC STUDIO had a single-repeat delay enabled.

I performed REW measurements and it is clearly visible that in the lower part it is worse than in ARC 3 - when it comes to bass sustain.
narwi88

Re: ARC STUDIO - problem

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:03 pm

While you wait for other users to chime in if they've encountered a similar issue, have you opened a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support? They will be able to assist you with this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dansushi1978 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:35 pm

I have noticed exactly the same behavior.
Also, the measurements are not saved when saving a VST3 preset in Cubase13.
Dansushi1978

Postby rosiez97 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:34 pm

Also hearing the same delay after the audio stops. Only in Natural phase mode. if i switch to Linear phase its gone.

Any help most appreciated.

thx in advance

Chris z

MAC OS 13.6.4
Mac Mini M2 16gig of Ram
PT 2023.12
Lynx Aurora 16n. Thunderbolt
rosiez97

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:19 pm

Peter_IK wrote:While you wait for other users to chime in if they've encountered a similar issue, have you opened a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support? They will be able to assist you with this.

Please report your issues to IK Support and they'll surely assist you in fixing the issues. Thanks.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rosiez97 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:52 pm

I just want to be clear that this is happening with the hardware and not the AAX plugin in Pro Tools. If i use the plugin and not the actual hardware(bypasing the hardware) everything works as expected. Only when i engage the hardware (No Plugin)and use Natural phase do i get the delay issue.

thx

Chris z
rosiez97

Postby rosiez97 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:58 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:While you wait for other users to chime in if they've encountered a similar issue, have you opened a ticket with IK Support for direct and official technical support? They will be able to assist you with this.

Please report your issues to IK Support and they'll surely assist you in fixing the issues. Thanks.

Hi Peter,
How do i open a support case?
When i go to support under hardware, I just get a bunch of FAQ's.
I see no where that i can open a support case.
Any help most appreciated and thanks in advance

Chris z
rosiez97

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 pm

Try Searching the FAQs first. After that, you should see a button linking to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rosiez97 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:20 pm

Thx Peter.
Just opened a Support Case.

Chris z
rosiez97

Postby rosiez97 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:11 pm

Support has been really great with helping figure this out. And my earlier post that it was only happening with the Hardware is incorrect. It also happens with the AAX plugin.
I have found that if i bring the highpass up to around 40-50 i can make the delay go away. if i bring it all the way back down, the delay is back.

Also anybody having this issue please open up a support case as support is telling me that they are not seeing anyone else with this problem.
So it looks like it is unique to my system. But i see others having the exact same issue as me here on the forum.

thx

Chris z
rosiez97

Postby Moschus » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:04 pm

Hi IK,

I would like to leave the information here that I also have delay symptoms. But it very much depends on the settings whether the problem occurs.

The delay occurs especially with the correction type "sharp" in combination with natural phase. It can then be virtually eliminated by increasing the lo range and using linear phase. Using natural phase I can only remove the delay if I select "broad" as the correction type.

By the way, if I load the measurement “Neutral” into the ARC Studio, there are no delays at all; this only happens when I use my own profile. I have already done several different analyzes but the delay problem persists.

I assume that you will be able to get the problem under control in the short term via a software update/firmware update.

Greetings Christian
Moschus

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:27 pm

Moschus wrote:Hi IK,

I would like to leave the information here that I also have delay symptoms. But it very much depends on the settings whether the problem occurs.

The delay occurs especially with the correction type "sharp" in combination with natural phase. It can then be virtually eliminated by increasing the lo range and using linear phase. Using natural phase I can only remove the delay if I select "broad" as the correction type.

By the way, if I load the measurement “Neutral” into the ARC Studio, there are no delays at all; this only happens when I use my own profile. I have already done several different analyzes but the delay problem persists.

I assume that you will be able to get the problem under control in the short term via a software update/firmware update.

Greetings Christian

It is recommended that you report your issue to IK Support so they have all the proper information and they will sort it out with you. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Snooopy65 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:53 am

Hello,
I am very interested in purchasing the studio ARC.
I would like to know if this problem has been resolved.
Snooopy65

Postby rosiez97 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:02 pm

As of right now 3.20.24. the problem has not benn resolved. I havent heard anything from support so i will be reaching back out. I'll post if i have any news.
rosiez97

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:01 pm

Snooopy65 wrote:Hello,
I am very interested in purchasing the studio ARC.
I would like to know if this problem has been resolved.

You should try the ARC 4 software demo as this may not happen for you, there are many ARC Studio / ARC 4 users running without issue. The demo would allow you to test on your specific system, if it works well you can confidently purchase ARC Studio.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools