ARC Studio & untreated locations

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

ARC Studio & untreated locations

Postby amarkusen » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:15 pm

Hello IK Multimedia,

I have been watching a few reviews on YouTube concerning this new ARC Studio and all were very positive, but I noticed that all the reviewers already seem to have over-treated their studio with all kind of sound-absorbers and diffuser blocks..etc., so the ARC Studio was like a fine-tuning to their already establish acoustic treatment.

For a person without knowledge about acoustic treatment or an already treated room, would this hardware tool make a gods wonder or do you need some kind of “basic installation” before it has any function?
amarkusen

Re: ARC Studio & untreated locations

Postby amarkusen » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:30 am

Okay, seems like this firm is not interested in selling this as they dont want to answer these basic questions, so I will move on ...
amarkusen

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:44 am

Before you do, this is primarily a user to user forum, not official IK Multimedia support.

IAs other ARC users have not chipped in, then the best thing to do is contact Technical Support or Sales Support via the IK Multimedia web site.

Or Google "IK ARC untreated room"
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nzigoman » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:28 pm

It depends on your room, if you have a lot of echo, then treatment will help. If you're recording live acoustic instruments (acoustic guitar, drums, piano, etc, even voice), then treatment is more important.

There are limitations if you're setting up in a typical room (as opposed to youtubers who may have a studio setup). It's practically impossible to deal with bass problems in a typical room.

I treated my room with acoustic foam and bass traps (as specified in many articles), a measurement in Arc before & after showed no difference, and the biggest problem sub 400Hz existed in both (as per the theoretical models).

Everyone's situation is different, I think it's worth doing, especially if your room has a lot of sound bouncing around.
nzigoman

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:25 pm

I agree, of course if you can budget for bass traps that would help even with ARC Studio. Bass is almost always an issue with home/project studios and if you can get that handled even somewhat if would alleviate some of the processing that room correction tools employ. This is always a good thing, you'll get closer to truly being flat that way.

For reflections you could employ some tricks like the mirror trick... Note that as one of the commenters on this post says this is not a high-precision method. But it does really give you a good starting point: https://www.reddit.com/r/audioengineeri ... s_for_the/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools