Attempting to re-install IK Product Manager

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Attempting to re-install IK Product Manager

Postby BarWillow92 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:47 pm

So a little backstory,

My PC's hard drive that runs my operating system was pretty full and causing my my PC to run very poorly. I decided to do a purge of programs, and move them to another hard drive that didn't have my OS on it. Well, when I went to reinstall IK Product Manager, I get a Javascript error saying the following,

"A Javascript error occurred in the main process

Uncaught Exception:
Error: Failed to get documents' path
at Object, <anonymous> (C:\ProgramFiles\Multimedia\IK Product Manager\resources\app.asar\main.js:1152:30)"...

and a bunch of other file paths. I uninstalled all software and redownloaded it several times, tried moving from one downloads folder to another. I've used windows app manager to uninstall. I'm not sure what to do. I'm pretty upset. You'd think that software that cost $300 (Amplitube 5) would work better than literally every other free computer software out there....
BarWillow92

Re: Attempting to re-install IK Product Manager

Postby BarWillow92 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:30 pm

After messing with it for 3 hours I figured it out. So, the file path the javascript was attempting to follow was an old one from the old install. I'm not entirely sure why but whenever I would unzip the file and attempt to an install it would automatically load it on to the old hard drive (the one I was trying to clear up). All the zipped files though were on the new hard drive. Since the .exe was attempting to launch from a location that didn't have any of the files it would throw an error. I had to copy the application from the old hard drive, paste into the new hard drive. Then delete the files from the old hard drive. Weird scripts the developers decided to use, but hopefully anyone else who encounters this will see this post and my hours of frustration can help someone else out.
BarWillow92

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools