IK Product Manager severely broken.

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Product Manager severely broken.

Postby SyntherMD » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:59 pm

Hi,

I've been using your products off and on for years. The product manager based downloads have been the biggest hiccup for me ever since it was introduced. It's gotten really bad since the pianoverse downloads.

I live in Brooklyn, NY, USA and I have verizon gigabit internet, so my internet is fully capable. I also have plenty of space on my hard drives.

I keep going into a feedback loop of...

-The sounds download too slow, then the product manager gives up trying to download it.
-After quitting (you have to force quit via the task manager), the sounds are bizarrely marked as installed when they're clearly not.
-When trying to resume via "reinstall library", it simply hangs and I'm forced to crash it.
-There is no way to mark this improperly installed libraries as "not installed". What is causing this? Is there a file that it looks for or a registry entry?

I got the sounds to download after reinstalling Pianoverse (I uninstalled via windows), but that only got me as far as downloading two of the available libraries. I still have two more, but I can't download them because of the loop above.

I really, really, really would prefer a browser link like the old days so I can just download this stuff!

edit: I found the library info folder and deleted the pianoverse entries, flagging the ik product manager entries as uninstalled. The download manager is still downloading at less than 1mb/s.

edit: I also found the product page with all my other installed products, but pianoverse is missing. Is this because I'm on a subscription? I'd really like to download from the browser.
SyntherMD

Re: IK Product Manager severely broken.

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:17 pm

You would need to use the IK Product Manager for newer products. Sorry to hear you are having trouble, it would be best to contact IK Support for direct and official support as I'm sure they can figure out what's happening in your case and assist you to get it fixed. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools