Authorisations just depleted on update!

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Authorisations just depleted on update!

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:15 pm

I just installed the update to Ik product manager 1.0.7 and on reopening - i've lost a load of authorizations on all my software!?

I had 7 authorizations left on pretty much everything - i've got my work PC, my home PC and my home Mac - so pretty much everything had at least 7 authorizations left, in some cases 8.

Now everything has like, 2 or 3?! I've checked on both my work PC and home PC and it says the same incorrect numbers after updating.
But, when i go to 'my products' on the IK site though - it shows correctly that most things only have 3 authorizations used - but, it doesn't match up with Product Manager - see here for example;

this is what i see in Product Manager (incorrect)

this is what i see on the site (correct)

Now, i'm quite sure its a bug related to the update but either way i went and changed my account password in the highly unlikely situation that someone else has got into my account. But either way - if someone could help me out here or let me know what's going on i'd appreciate it.
BarryLegg1980

Re: Authorisations just depleted on update!

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:34 am

Same here.

In my User Area the number of authorizations is the same as it was. In the (new) iKPM (v1.07) the numbers have all been reduced by 5 or thereabouts. Looks like a bug to me too.

Please send in a Support Ticket, via the IKM web site Support page
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/support/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:44 am

hey there thanks for reply - annoying for the pair of us but glad it's not just me - ticket already raised yesterday, created this thread more out of panicky need to hear if it's a known issue than anything else!

cheers, B.
BarryLegg1980

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:15 pm

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:07 pm

well... this is an unexpected development :D

change of heart or change of codebase? :lol:
BarryLegg1980

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:08 pm

That's good. And it's good to see IK Multimedia responding to its users. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby BarryLegg1980 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:22 am

ah, so they've actually rowed back on that policy then? i was assuming it was another bug, like a reverse of what happened on the 'my products page' and it'd be back down to 2 authorisations left on everything in a couple days.

to be honest - the whole ten-seats deal always struck me as being way too generous and it didn't come as a great surprise they would eventually nix that one. it must be pretty galling to know your install base is potentially 10x greater than your customer base...
BarryLegg1980

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:25 pm

It was only rolled back for products in the accounts of existing users. Any new purchases/users will start with five authorizations.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools