Cannot install things from product manager

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Cannot install things from product manager

Postby din_mentor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:44 am

fredshaw63@gmail.com wrote:I was somehow able to get a one download going, but then it revert back to the same problems afterwards. Made the permanent change to open as admin as well....I found the actual solution though. From another post, the download and install are two separate parts, and the download portion needs to know where the proper installation folder is. Before you hit download, you need to select where the proper location is. Worked like a charm after that, no freezes or hang-ups anymore.

Yeah i had actually already done that before trying the admin thing. Does it work for you without running as admin now? Didnt for me.
din_mentor

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:15 am

din_mentor wrote:
fredshaw63@gmail.com wrote:I was somehow able to get a one download going, but then it revert back to the same problems afterwards. Made the permanent change to open as admin as well....I found the actual solution though. From another post, the download and install are two separate parts, and the download portion needs to know where the proper installation folder is. Before you hit download, you need to select where the proper location is. Worked like a charm after that, no freezes or hang-ups anymore.

Yeah i had actually already done that before trying the admin thing. Does it work for you without running as admin now? Didnt for me.

I just kept it as an admin. From what I read is there's an automatic communication between IKPM and the standalone software program. I made sure they both pointed to the same sound location, and now it's..well, spoke too soon. It's now starting to download, but freezes at 100% of copy files. Smh lol
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:33 am

Update: Fix didn't work at all. Files would finally start downloading, but would freeze at the end of copying them...and you can't use the "previous version" download area for Syntronik sounds. [mod redacted: please review the rules]
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby VArterJr » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:03 pm

BLUF: Create the install folder IK Product Manager needs (on Windows it is something like "C:\Users\MyUserID\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager") and the app installers will work fine.

Details:
I just started having this issue with the latest installer. I rebuilt my machine this past week. In the previous install of Win 11 Ent and the previous version of Product Manager (1.0.6) I had no issues installing a clean machine with any of the apps. I upgraded to the latest Product Manager and all was fine.

I think the issue might be in the newest installer (1.0.8). I now have this clean machine (Win 11 Ent again) and with 1.0.8 I noticed the error the OP did (108 error).

I could have just changed the Downloads path, but wasn't sure if that needed to perisit after sound installs. I have my Downloads folder for Windows set to autoclean every 14-days.

I was mucking around and found out that the Product Manager installer did not create "C:\Users\MyUserID\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager" folders that were default. I'm supposing that in the past, those folders were there after Product Manager installation and were ready for the app downloads.

I manually created that folder path, and boom. Error goes away and all my IKMM apps are installing fine from Product Manager 1.0.8.

Again, I could have just moved the Downloads folder in IK PM. I just wasn't sure if those downloads needed to persist or something. They take up a HUGE amount of space, but I wasn't sure about that part.

Anyway... the folder create took care of it for me on both my desktop and laptop.
VArterJr

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:23 pm

VArterJr wrote:BLUF: Create the install folder IK Product Manager needs (on Windows it is something like "C:\Users\MyUserID\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager") and the app installers will work fine.

Details:
I just started having this issue with the latest installer. I rebuilt my machine this past week. In the previous install of Win 11 Ent and the previous version of Product Manager (1.0.6) I had no issues installing a clean machine with any of the apps. I upgraded to the latest Product Manager and all was fine.

I think the issue might be in the newest installer (1.0.8). I now have this clean machine (Win 11 Ent again) and with 1.0.8 I noticed the error the OP did (108 error).

I could have just changed the Downloads path, but wasn't sure if that needed to perisit after sound installs. I have my Downloads folder for Windows set to autoclean every 14-days.

I was mucking around and found out that the Product Manager installer did not create "C:\Users\MyUserID\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager" folders that were default. I'm supposing that in the past, those folders were there after Product Manager installation and were ready for the app downloads.

I manually created that folder path, and boom. Error goes away and all my IKMM apps are installing fine from Product Manager 1.0.8.

Again, I could have just moved the Downloads folder in IK PM. I just wasn't sure if those downloads needed to persist or something. They take up a HUGE amount of space, but I wasn't sure about that part.

Anyway... the folder create took care of it for me on both my desktop and laptop.

So you created "C:\Users\MyUserID\IK Multimedia\IK Product Manager" as your "install to" folder, "download to" folder, or both?

[Edit] Missed the info given at the beginning of the post...will try this and hope it works....did you add that new folder to the content folder list in the Syntronik2 and SampleTank4 apps?
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby din_mentor » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:29 pm

In my case the folder was there, so i didnt need to create it.
din_mentor

Postby VArterJr » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:31 pm

Sorry if my first post was confusing. I looked in the settings (see attached image) and saw what it was TRYING to install too. I created THAT folder structure. I did not change the path in Settings to somewhere different (which would probably work too). I just created the path on my drive that Product Manager seemed to want. I was just trying to avoid the side effects of choosing a different folder for Product Manager. Image
VArterJr

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:41 am

VArterJr wrote:Sorry if my first post was confusing. I looked in the settings (see attached image) and saw what it was TRYING to install too. I created THAT folder structure. I did not change the path in Settings to somewhere different (which would probably work too). I just created the path on my drive that Product Manager seemed to want. I was just trying to avoid the side effects of choosing a different folder for Product Manager. Image

Just did it, and it wasn't successful for me. Mind you, I'm trying to download sounds, not apps. When I click to "re-install" a sound....bc for some reason, the IKPM app says the sound has been downloaded, when it hasn't..it either does nothing a freezes, or it will get through a full download of one of the sound's zip packs then freeze at 100% copy...it's an absolute mess.
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:14 pm

fredshaw63@gmail.com wrote:
VArterJr wrote:Sorry if my first post was confusing. I looked in the settings (see attached image) and saw what it was TRYING to install too. I created THAT folder structure. I did not change the path in Settings to somewhere different (which would probably work too). I just created the path on my drive that Product Manager seemed to want. I was just trying to avoid the side effects of choosing a different folder for Product Manager. Image

Just did it, and it wasn't successful for me. Mind you, I'm trying to download sounds, not apps. When I click to "re-install" a sound....bc for some reason, the IKPM app says the sound has been downloaded, when it hasn't..it either does nothing a freezes, or it will get through a full download of one of the sound's zip packs then freeze at 100% copy...it's an absolute mess.

I was just able to install Pianoverse sounds without issue so I suggest you contact IK Support directly if you have not already done so or reply to any ticket you have open to state that you still cannot install your sounds as they can help you get your IK sounds installed properly and figure out what the issue is. Thank you. They are available via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby VArterJr » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:22 pm

Agree with you on the sounds. I didn't have any issues with those. Just none of the apps would install and threw that error with the latest (1.0.8) Product Manager. Manually creating the directories in Windows worked for me.

BTW... I decided to try and clean-up the ZIP files in the IK download folder to save space and so far everything still works. :)
VArterJr

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:

I was just able to install Pianoverse sounds without issue so I suggest you contact IK Support directly if you have not already done so or reply to any ticket you have open to state that you still cannot install your sounds as they can help you get your IK sounds installed properly and figure out what the issue is. Thank you. They are available via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

I've had an open tech support ticket for over a week now (ticket opened on Oct 9th). So far, no provided solutions have been successful. Despite the ongoing IK Product Manager issue, the easiest solution would be having the Syntronik 2 Max v2 sounds available to download on the My Products page, just as the standard version Syntronik 2 sounds are. So much thought and tech put into download time period limits, yet overlooking basic solutions like not leaving the publisher "unknown," which makes any standard OS security system prevent application run, and having ALL purchased sounds available for download in the case of IKPM issues.
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:28 pm

They can provide you with what you need to download the sounds for any product you purchased. Please continue to work with them as the users nor moderators of this forum don't have access to your account nor the systems but the tech support folks can certainly get you set up. Let them know when the solutions don't work and they should continue to assist you until you are up and running. If you have a ticket that you feel isn't being handled to your satisfaction we do have a post about that but basically send your ticket number(s) and I can have someone take a look.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:29 pm

VArterJr wrote:Agree with you on the sounds. I didn't have any issues with those. Just none of the apps would install and threw that error with the latest (1.0.8) Product Manager. Manually creating the directories in Windows worked for me.

BTW... I decided to try and clean-up the ZIP files in the IK download folder to save space and so far everything still works. :)

It's such a bummer. I have all my apps and plugins installed already. Didn't have any issues, at the time that I downloaded them. This issue didn't present itself to me until I purchased Syntronik 2 Max v2, about a week ago. Still waiting on tech support to provide a working solution, and I've tried everything under the sun myself to get it working. What's weird is I've managed to get it working on a sound, then when I'd go to do the next sound the issue comes back...I'm not having this type of issue with any other company's installations/product management software, and I use many.
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:They can provide you with what you need to download the sounds for any product you purchased. Please continue to work with them as the users nor moderators of this forum don't have access to your account nor the systems but the tech support folks can certainly get you set up. Let them know when the solutions don't work and they should continue to assist you until you are up and running. If you have a ticket that you feel isn't being handled to your satisfaction we do have a post about that but basically send your ticket number(s) and I can have someone take a look.

I definitely would like to place my ticket number under that post. Whenever I'd make the request just for atleast the option to direct download my purchased Syntronik2 Max v2 sounds, the tech support has gone silent. Can you tag me or provide a link to it?
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:38 pm

Peter_IK wrote:They can provide you with what you need to download the sounds for any product you purchased. Please continue to work with them as the users nor moderators of this forum don't have access to your account nor the systems but the tech support folks can certainly get you set up. Let them know when the solutions don't work and they should continue to assist you until you are up and running. If you have a ticket that you feel isn't being handled to your satisfaction we do have a post about that but basically send your ticket number(s) and I can have someone take a look.

I definitely would like to place my ticket number under that post. Whenever I'd make the request just for atleast the option to direct download my purchased Syntronik2 Max v2 sounds, the tech support has gone silent. Can you tag me or provide a link to it?

Sorry I meant that there's a post about what to do which is to PM your ticket number. You can just PM it to me and I'll take care. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools