Cannot install things from product manager

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Cannot install things from product manager

Postby Capreesun » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Hi All, so I made a IK account and downloaded the product manager purely for the free version of modo drums, but when I go on the product manager and scroll down to modo drums and click install nothing happens, if I click activate that works and it tells me its activated successfully but install button does nothing, Any ideas what's going on? thanks
Capreesun

Re: Cannot install things from product manager

Postby minja92 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:05 pm

same problem, super nerve-wrecking. Please fix this IK!
or does anyone have a solution?
minja92

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:09 pm

minja92 wrote:same problem, super nerve-wrecking. Please fix this IK!
or does anyone have a solution?

This is not the normal experience/behavior. Have you opened a ticket with IK Support? They can assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby msimsek » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:44 pm

I have the same problem, can't install anything.
msimsek

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:17 pm

msimsek wrote:I have the same problem, can't install anything.

See above, have you contacted IK Support?
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby msimsek » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:52 pm

I just installed from User Area, activation from the IK Download Manager still works.
msimsek

Postby DLitman » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:25 pm

I get this trying to download anything; Insufficient space in the current download path. Please free up space or select a new path in Settings. (code: 108)
DLitman

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:57 pm

DLitman wrote:I get this trying to download anything; Insufficient space in the current download path. Please free up space or select a new path in Settings. (code: 108)

Sounds like the setting for the download location in IK Product Manager is not able to be found/written to/etc. You can find this setting in IK Product Manager by clicking the gear icon in the top bar and setting the "Downloads Folder" to where you'd like the downloaded installers to be placed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DLitman » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:38 pm

Thank you. Indeed, it was auto set to the Download Folder. Changed it to Desktop and it worked. Why do we get these curve balls?
DLitman

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:18 pm

DLitman wrote:Thank you. Indeed, it was auto set to the Download Folder. Changed it to Desktop and it worked. Why do we get these curve balls?

That is a local permissions issues, typically it would be writeable. If you'd like to find out more about why you might have encountered this issue, the IK Support team can take a closer look via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DLitman » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:22 am

I have already asked (which was difficult to find). tbh, have permission probs with external drives, too. Something to do with Time Machine?
DLitman

Postby din_mentor » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:56 pm

(Regarding IKPM freezing)

After a looong time swearing at my computer i tried running the IKPM via right clicking the shortcut and clicking "run as administrator" now it works great! Im on windows 10.

after this i went into the properties of the IK Product Manager shortcut and in the Compability Tab marked "Run this program as an administrator". so next time i can just double click it directly.

havent read this anywhere else (that i know) - hope it helps!
I had to do this even if i am in fact an administrator on my computer.

Cheers from Sweden!
din_mentor

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:02 am

^^^^
This isn't a perfect fix. Only works part of the time for me.
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Postby din_mentor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:18 am

^^^
Part of the time, more details?
din_mentor

Postby fredshaw63@gmail.com » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:39 am

^^^
I was somehow able to get a one download going, but then it revert back to the same problems afterwards. Made the permanent change to open as admin as well....I found the actual solution though. From another post, the download and install are two separate parts, and the download portion needs to know where the proper installation folder is. Before you hit download, you need to select where the proper location is. Worked like a charm after that, no freezes or hang-ups anymore.
fredshaw63@gmail.com

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools