Remove the "Sounds Expired" feature

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Remove the "Sounds Expired" feature

Postby HPEinvik » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:43 pm

[Split from the Official IK Product Manager Wishlist thread]

I'd really love if you could remove that stupid "Sounds expired" feature on your products. Seriously; what's the deal with that?
It's just weird.. :|
HPEinvik

Re: Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:09 am

^^^
That is not related to the IKPM.

When you Register an IKM product which has a Sounds Library, the library is available for download for 180 days. After that the download expires (not the sounds themselves) which is why IKM recommends that you back-up the downloaded files in case you need them again. If you do need to download them again after the 180 days, you can buy a single Download Reactivation to make all of your library downloads available for a further 180 days.

Software downloads do not expire.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby HPEinvik » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:27 am

Sorry, I wasn't able to find a thread that addresses this topic, but perhaps a moderator could move this to the right place? A web search on the topic reveals that I'm not the only one who feels like this, so it seems like it may be an issue worth addressing?

I do have a backup of the files, but updating them requires the same authorization refresh of nifty €9.99 after 180 days.

Even that sneaky "not even 10 euros but merely 9.99" price tag is off-putting.
The whole thing is just annoying. Not worthy of your otherwise excellent work. There are other ways to do things, that's all I say.

Peace to you. :)
HPEinvik

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Like DarkStar said this is not the thread for this.

Also, you do not need to pay 9.99 to "refresh" something you've backed up. Users are alerted that they have 180 days over which they can download and back up the sound library files.

Yes, there are other ways to do things... some companies only allow a few downloads of large libraries, others have other methods. IK has this one and allows you 6 months to download and back up large sound libraries and if you choose not to, 9.99 (or use JamPoints to lower that) is not a terribly high fee to use IK as your cloud storage solution for the large sound libraries for IK products. But the option for those who do not want to use a sound reactivation credit is to download and back up the libraries within the 180 days.

And again, if you've backed them up you in no way need to pay 9.99 to update your applications and sound library updates are also free and not in the 180 day window. And I have no idea what an "authorization refresh" is but I do know that we do not charge you to authorize our products beyond the initial purchase of the plugin.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools