Can not install MODO DRUM packs (or any sound) with IK PM

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Can not install MODO DRUM packs (or any sound) with IK PM

Postby Warren P » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:50 am

Currently getting this error on my mac which was working fine for most of total studio max install, but when I get down to the Modo drum packs it won't install and errors like this:

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

Uncaught Exception:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
at /Applications/IK Product Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:932:28
at /Applications/IK Product Manager.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/recursive-readdir/index.js:44:14
at FSReqCallback.oncomplete (fs.js:160:23)

This happens even after a reinstall of IK Product manager.

It is probably because some configuration file on my system is bad. But if I do a full uninstall of all preferences I'll lose one of my activations.

System is a mac running os monterey (12.6.3) ik product manager 1.0.4
Warren P

Re: Can not install MODO DRUM packs (or any sound) with IK P

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:34 am

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Warren P » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:40 pm

I found a workaround.

Installed on my other machine and copied the drum content (.pak) files manually to my main music computer.
Warren P

Postby Warren P » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:12 am

reviving this old thread to note that the IK Multimedia Modo Drums installer actually never has worked for me.

I have been installing it on windows and copying the .pak file content over to my mac to get the installer to work. That's pretty sad. I hope they fix this installer.
Warren P

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:24 pm

Installer has worked for me multiple times on Windows, and pretty recently. What did IK Support have to say about your issue?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools