SAMPLETANK 4 Download Issues

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

SAMPLETANK 4 Download Issues

Postby s.winfield » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:23 am

Dear IK Multimedia,

I have just spent 20 hours in the last two weeks downloading Sampletank 4 Max via WIFI and onto an SSD/ Macbook Pro setup.

As a product, for the price, you have a killer product.

As for downloading, nightmare. Ideally anyone downloading Sampletank 4 MAX should have a Mac with at least 1Tb of hard drive and 2Tb SSD for an easy download.

Some components download easily from IK Multimedia's product manager, some not.

What is not clearly explained is that the .dmg file sets up a temporary 'disk' on the desktop, and the Sampletank 3 .dmg components, for the most part, do not run on a Macbook Pro. So you have to create a Sampletank 3 folder in the target SSD that is for you instrument library data and then transfer all the data across, sample folders and instrument folders etc.

Then, and this is the pain in the butt bit with Macbook Pro, eliminate from your desktop each disk of installation (for example it will be marked Sampletank3part1.dmg from your laptop otherwise it will rapidly run out of space.

Once all installed, make sure the paths to the instrument libraries are loaded within Sampletank 4 then refresh the buttons within Sampletank collections.

The other issue I discovered- which is not related to IK Multimedia- that USB 3 and 4 cannot be daisy-chained like USB 1.

It is essential to have a powered hub with USB 3 and 4 speed cables and make backups of your SSDs.
s.winfield

Re: SAMPLETANK 4 Download Issues

Postby bobk » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:02 pm

4 weeks ive been trying when i finally finish it crashes logic ctd totally fed up lost all my st3 sounds now have nothing other than st4 ctd messeges [Mod edit: redacted text - unnecessary]
bobk

Re: SAMPLETANK 4 Download Issues

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:43 pm

As this is not an official support forum, I suggest that you contact Technical Support, via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and problem resolution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools