IK Multimedia Product Manager Sound Libraries

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Multimedia Product Manager Sound Libraries

Postby j7m1gmgmail » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Hi Folks, apologies if this has been answered. I have been downloading my software and some sound libraries using the Product Manager and using the default options for install.

After downloading all applications available and some sound libraries i have the following;

This PC \Documents\IK Multimedia\*application name folders like hammond b3x etc
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\*application name folders like hammond b3x etc
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\In here there are 4 folders Syntronik2, Sampletank2,3&4

Things worked fine but I tried to be clever and download my remaining Sound Libraries using the Product Manager to a seperate drive so now as well as the above I have the following on the second drive;
E:\IK Multimedia Sound Library\*7 folders named, Effects Presets, Instruments, Library Info, Library Resources, Multis, Patterns, Samples

I ran Syntronik 2 changed the library address to only E:\IK Multimedia Sound Library performed rescan and syntronik restart and no presets/sounds listed

To me whats missing is the difference in the following;

C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\In here there are 4 folders Syntronik2, Sampletank2,3&4

In each of the four application folders you have the following;
Arpeggios, Effects Presets, Exported Patterns, Imported Instruments, Imported Samples, Instruments, Library Info, Library Resources, Multis, Patterns, Samples, Sets

E:\IK Multimedia Sound Library\* has the following, Effects Presets, Instruments, Library Info, Library Resources, Multis, Patterns, Samples

Not sure how to get out of this mess without having to do a reinstall to the default with Product Manager.

The issue im trying to get around is disk space and wanted to host the libraries on a seperate drive?

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to go through this.

Greatly appreciated.
j7m1gmgmail

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools