Uninstalling on a MAC

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Uninstalling on a MAC

Postby knappmusicstudio1 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:56 am

So this seems to be a problem. I've seen multiple posts about this and no real answers. I've emailed support and no answer.
(The default folder is in the Mac Documents folder, which would be fine, but if you have iCloud backup on, it suddenly is backing up all IK products, which could be 100 gig or more. Ridiculous.)
No big deal tho, right? Just change the default folder and migrate all the software over. But....how do you uninstall or reinstall? No uninstall option within the product manager, no uninstall dmg files. Any attempt to reinstall within the product manager results in a JAVA error.
Any insight? I guess just manually delete everything, which just seems wrong.

Love IK. But this needs attention.
knappmusicstudio1

Re: Uninstalling on a MAC

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:38 am

I think that the installer downloaded by the IK Product Manager includes an uninstaller program.

(On Windows, you do it via Add/Remove Programs).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby GeeWhiz6 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:59 pm

Not seeing an uninstall option in the installer... or the product manager. Just an option to unauthorize. I want to remove the software and get hard drive space back.
GeeWhiz6

Postby Brettswalker1 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:15 am

Same problem, and I can't get a direct response from support.
Did you ever find an easy way to uninstall and remove or even a way in general?
I want to remove all of IK 100% from my Macbook.
It really should not be this difficult!
Brettswalker1

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:01 pm

Please let support know they have not answered your question and they will continue to work with you. If you are not able to uninstall fully using the downloaded installer/application package from IK Product Manager, IK Support would need to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NikhilV11 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:57 am

Any progress or info here? I just installed the new product manager and still don't see an optioon to uninstall or re-install. It would be really great if there was a "move content" or "move library" option like Steinberg has. I have Total Studio Max 3.5 and in the process of trying to move all my sound content to an external drive, it ended up with reinstalling over a TB worth of stuff for some reason (as I undertstand it, TS Max should only be about 470GB or so).

I'd love to just wipe everything and re-install everything cleanly, but there just doesn't seem to be a way to do it. I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro.
NikhilV11

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools